Problem with Nod32 on XP SP2 Installation

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Eino, Jul 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eino

Eino Registered Member

Hi,
    I just installed the trial version of Service Pack 2 from Microsoft on my XP Home edition, all was fine except Nod32 was disabled as a potential security threat, and when I enabled it, the nod32 control panel came up as an empty window, and any actions failed saying it could not connect to the nod32 kernal.

So I was wondering if the Nod32 support team know about this and have recommended ways around it?

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Eino

Welcome to Wilders and NOD32 v2 Forum.

I think the problem is you might not have turned NOD off when you Installed SP2, you should always disable all security App's [programs] when installing Service Packs.

I do not know what to say in the way of help other then to uninstall NOD [make sure you disable it first] reboot, then reinstall it.

Or run your system restore to before your SP2 install.

Then disable all security App's then reinstall SP2 reboot then enable All security App's.

Sorry I can not b of more help, someone else might have different idea for you.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. sick0

sick0 Registered Member

try clicking run, then type services.msc. look for nod32 kernel service, then put it into automatic, then reboot. your nod32 control center will now be able to connect to nod32 kernel. hope this will help you. goodluck.

4. JimF

JimF Registered Member

Not that this helps, but I installed WinXP SP2 RC2 right over SP1 without turning off NOD32, and it works just fine. It is not recognized in the Security Center, but so what?

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

It will be by the time it is released...

Cheers :D

6. sjuerges

sjuerges Guest

I hoped so as well, but doesnt work ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.