Problem with new version 5--please help!

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by galande, May 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. galande

galande Registered Member

I just downloaded and installed the latest version on my XP SP3 computer. Something isn't working--There's an orange alert symbol. Analysis of application protocols will not function. What is that, and how do I fix it? Is my computer protected or not? Should I revert back to my old version 4? Please Help!

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. galande

I read all of this, and still don't know what to do. My computer has all of its updates, and I HAVE the latest version of NOD 32. I don't think there's anything wrong with my network adapter driver, because it was working fine before I installed the new version of NOD32. I think the software actually caused the problem. I guess I will have to revert back to the old version, if I can.

4. galande

Back to old version 4--at least that works!

I still have no idea why installing the new version created a problem, but I am not going to upgrade again any time soon.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Re: Back to old version 4--at least that works!

There are no changes re. protocol filtering between v. 5.0 and 5.2. I'd need to check an ESI log generated on your computer. Does downgrading to v. 5.0 actually make the issue go away?

6. galande

I was using version 4 prior to my attempt to upgrade, not 5.0. I have never had 5.0 on my computer, so I don't know if it would have had the same problem as the latest version. Maybe I shouldn't have attempted to upgrade from 4 to the latest version without uninstalling first. Downgrading back to 4 definitely fixed the problem.

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Still, the way protocol filtering works on XP is same in v4 and v5.x, it's different on Vista/Win7/Win2008 only. I will PM you with further instructions if you're willing to install v5 again, at least just for the purpose of generating an ESI log and then you'd downgrade to v4 while I'll be analyzing the log.

8. galande

I am reluctant to try upgrading again, just to create a log. If something went wrong I might not be able to fix it.

9. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

my way would be: export settings (as xml) uninstall all, clean up (manually and/or eg ccleaner), then reinstall from scratch (use required restarts) and import settings.

i did so while testing 5.0 > 5.2 > 6beta and back to 5.0.

HTH

10. galande

I may try to upgrade again one day, and if I do I will definitely uninstall the program completely and do a clean installation. I have learned my lesson. Never install over an old version. Too many things can go wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.