Problem with installing PC Cillin 2002

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by robert12345, Mar 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robert12345

robert12345 Registered Member

Help!

I get an error msg when I try to install PC Cillin 2002 version:

"MS19F - CopyFiles failed"

It's the 30 day version (failed to successfully complete the order form for the paid version given that I live in UK!)

Downloaded several times; tried to install several times; tried on XP, 98 ..several different machines ...all the same problem ..any help from anyone?

Robert

2. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Robert - Welcome to the forum!

I'm sure one of our European posters will be along to give you a hand with this one.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Have you tried emailing their tech support?  Pete

3. Robert123445

Robert123445 Guest

Received this reply from Trend today ..sounds liek it should work ..I quote it for the benefit of others who may find similar problem:

The error you are receiving (CopyFilesFailed) is due to the Regional Language settings set to UK on your machine. The workaround fix for this error is to set your Regional Language settings to US.

1) Click START | SETTINGS | CONTROL PANEL, once control panel is open double click on the icon REGIONAL SETTINGS/REGIONAL OPTIONS.

2) The Regional Settings/Options window will appear, the setting "Your Local" (Location): will be set to to English (United Kingdom), change this to English (United States). Reboot your machine for the changes to take affect.

3) Install PC-cillin 2002, once installed change your Regional Settings/Regional Options back to English (United Kingdom).

4) Reboot you machine for changes to take affect.
    If you are having further problems please email support@trendmicro.com for further assistance.

4. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Thanks for the feedback, Robert! Glad you got it fixed, and good to know that TrendMicro's support was that quick. Pete

5. Mina Guindy

Mina Guindy Guest

hi,
    i faced the same problem with the US retial version ,I live in Egypt. but when the Trend Micro tech. guys advised me to download rhe international version , it worked so fine.
    enjoy using pc-cillin..

M. G.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.