Problem with installation over Norton internet scan.

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by jonathanboon, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonathanboon

jonathanboon Registered Member

I accidentally installed NOD32 business edition v4 on a PC that already had Norton internet scan installed.

The PC will now no longer log into windows, I managed to boot the PC into safe mode and remove NOD32 with revo uninstaller ( you cannot uninstall nod32 in safe mode) and it will work again but I can't fully remove internet scan from the PC so whenever you install NOD32 the PC is unusable.

Does any one know how to manually remove norton internet scan, I have tried the norton uninstaller provided by Symantec but this dies not work.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Uninstallation in Safe Mode is possible . Just run the uninstaller file from Start ->(All) Programs -> ESET -> ESET NOD32 Antivirus -> Uninstall

What do you mean ? Is uninstation successful at all or you receive an error ?

3. jonathanboon

jonathanboon Registered Member

Thanks for the quick response, I didn't think to try it that way.

There is no error message the uninstall runs through but symantec uinstallers leave traces of the program in the registry and C drive which conflict with NOD32.

Had this problem before when changing from symantec corporate 10 to NOD32, the computers ground to a halt and it took me 2 days to go round 20 machines and manually remove the symantec from the registry.

I can't seem to find instructions for norton internet or security scan though, i may have to try reinstalling the norton and then using revo to remove it.

4. tanstaafl

tanstaafl Registered Member

5. MathewG

MathewG Former ESET Support Rep

Norton's removal tool should remove all traces of Norton from your machine, even if you tried uninstalling manually or used "Add/Remove Programs". The removal tool should clean up anything else that may have been left behind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.