Problem with IMON

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by NODuser32, Oct 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NODuser32

NODuser32 Guest

When I download a small file, with higher efficience, IMON first download and scan the file before saving it to my HD, right? But after the download, I have to download again the file..

Why?

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

bump!

3. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

Which browser are you using? It sounds like maybe the browser times out while IMON is downloading the file. What type of connection do you have? Perhaps you will have to switch to high compatibility.

4. NODuser32

NODuser32 Guest

I use Opera and IE, and with both I have the problem... I have a ADSL conection... when I switch to high compatibility, it works fine... but it´s not safer to surf in High eficiency?

5. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

The difference is that there is a chance(small chance) a malicious file could slip by IMON in high compatibilty mode because it inspects each packet that goes by and then hands it off to the browser, where as in high efficiecny mode IMON holds the file until the file is completely downloaded, then it scans it and then passes it off to the browser, with an ADSL line the delay shouldn't be creating a timeout issue but it's possible since switching modes clears up your problem. There isn't much reduced protection in high compatibility mode, but the protection is not as throrough as high efficiency mode. Personally I use high compat for just this reason, but then I don't do any high risk surfing either so it isn't much of a problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.