Problem with hot processing temporary drive

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by edsouza, Aug 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edsouza

edsouza Registered Member

I have installed Paragon B&R 10.0 free edition, and attempted to backup my drive. With Windows volume shadow copy service, I get an error message and it won't work. The VSS service is started. I tried stopping and restarting to no avail. I tried Paragon Hot Processing. There are no options available to select for the Hot Processing temporary drive. The backup attempt failed due to "unable to find temporary storage". Neither the C drive (NTFS) nor either of the two network storage drives are on the pick list for temp storage. I also have this program running on another computer, and all of the drives show up in the pick list for temp storage. On this computer, no dice. I have tried running Chkdsk, no errors, and that didn't solve the problem. How do I make a drive available for temporary storage?

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

edsouza
    First of all, please try to re-install the program under Administrator account. Restart is required on compelte.
    Note: to run as admin: right-click *.msi instalaltion and select 'Run As Administrator'

Then check if drives are available as temp destinations.

3. edsouza

When I right click on the install program, it doesn't give me the option of installing as the administrator. I tried booting in safe mode so I could log on as the administrator, but then when I attempted to run the installation, it would not run, giving an error message saying that the administrator has set restrictions that do not allow this installation. Seems like I cannot install this as administrator. The user account I logged in on for the installation is set up as an administrator account with full priviledges.

4. edsouza

I am running Windows XP Home on this computer. The other computers on which I have installed and successfully run the program are all running XP Professional. Could that be why I can't get this to work? Is there some setting in the registry that can be made to get around this?

5. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

If it an .msi installer - there isn't a Run as Admin option ( at least not for Vista/7 ).

You can open an admin command prompt and enter the path to the .msi installer .

I don't know about XP , but it's worth a try.

6. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

edsouza,

Please check if TMP and TEMP variables are accessible for Paragon products:
    1) Create folder TEMP on C:/
    2) Edit variables:
    * right-click My Computer anв select Properties
    * go to Advanced tab
    * click 'Environment Variables' button
    * in User variables, select each row and click Edit.
    * change paths to C:\TEMP
    * Click OK and Apply.
    Edit User Variable.png

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.