Problem with Highpoint 370/372 raid system

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by THI, Mar 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THI

THI Guest

I use on board hpt 370/372 chipset build two raid1 system.
    When i use Ti8 boot cd trying to backup my system, something happend.
    After i complete the backup and reboot, the raid controler tell me the raid doesn't synchronism. I have to duplicate the whole raid.

Finally, i found one thing. Once i use the Ti8 boot cd on my raid machine even i don't operate anything(backup or restore), my hpt 370/372 raid1 have to duplicate again.

What problem it coulde be? Does Ti8 not complete support Highpoint 370/372 raid1 system?Have any way to fix this situation? Thanks!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello THI,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Could you please let us know the model of your motherboard?

When you boot from Acronis Bootable CD no operations is performed. It is very strange that your RAID is spoiled after you do that. Please try to boot from any other bootable CD (for example, Windows installation CD without launching the installation, of course) and see whether the result is the same.

Also please boot from Acronis Bootable CD and check whether your drives are available and seen properly (as a single drive). Could you please create Safe version of Acronis Bootable CD (when you launch "Create Bootable Rescue Media" tool you may choose Full or Safe version, please choose the Safe one) and try using it.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. THI

THI Guest

My motherboard is Abit KR7AR.

First time i backup system and store image on local ntfs drivers, this situation happened. I thought may be the Ti8 have some access problem on raid.

Second time i backup system and store image on remote pc, this situation still happened.

Third time i boot with Ti8 boot cd and without any operation, this situation still happened.

The last time i made a new boot cd with safe version. Now it normal. My raid system don't report any error message. But on safe version, i can't store image on local ntfs drivers or remote pc. I know the safe version may not support network access, access to the ntfs partition doesn't support too?

4. Acronis Support

Hello THI,

Thank you for the information you gave. Even with Safe version you should be able to store images to local NTFS partition. The restriction you may have encountered using Acronis Bootable CD is that you cannot store the image of the partition to this partition.

Could you please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears? After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the "OK" button and wait for # prompt to appear. Please insert a diskette into a floppy disk drive and issue the following commands:

cd tmp
    mkdir mntdir
    mount /devfs/floppy/0 mntdir
    sysinfo > mntdir/sysinfo.txt
    umount mntdir

Send the sysinfo.txt file from the diskette to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. Also please attach the screenshot of the error you receive when you start Windows.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. THI

THI Guest

6. Acronis Support

Hello THI,

Could yo uplease forward this info to support@acronis.com? This would be much more inconvinient. You will certainly get the answer within 48 hours.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.