Problem with hacker

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by leongr, Nov 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leongr

leongr Registered Member

Good afternoon to everyone:) I'm new user of the port explorer and need a little help. The last months I'm having problems with my computer. When the system starts, I'm loosing control for 4-5 minutes,and after that everything is fine. I'm sure there is a trojan in my system and that's a hacker's job, because and other users of the LAN where we belong have similar problems. I'm working with NOD32 antivirus and Zone Alarm firewall. My firewall stops many suspicious attempts for connection to my computer and the antivirus,even though finds no virus or trojan, reports me often for a suspicious file -matrix.class-, which I can't find when I search my computer. It was told me about the port explorer and I decided to try it- I'm using the evaluation version. Everything seems to be ok in the sockets menu-there is no suspicious file-only the system's and applications which I use. What should I do? Is it possible the trojan to use stealth technics as the viruses to hind itself? Please help:rolleyes: Thanks a lot.

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there Leongr and welcome to the forum!
    Without a proper HiJackThis log it is really hard to tell what is wrong. There could be something with your ZoneAlarm with the new version, maybe some settings need to be edited somewhat, but there can be much more the matter of course.
    I would suggest you get the latest HiJackThis version and post a log at the CastleCops forum, where they still have that service http://castlecops.com/forums.html
    Trojans can stealth themselves a lot of course, maybe you have been hacked, maybe there are other problems. Please tell us the CastleCops opinions!

3. leongr

leongr Registered Member

I simply have no words Jooske. Thanks a lot. ;) First,because a user like you pays such an attention to me, a novice user sending his first thread in the forum. Second, because your help was much usefull. The Xoftspy program found the trojan in my computer,while antiviruses -I made an online scan with the most famous programs- had no effect. A friend of mine suggests not to register xoftspy, but to use the famous TDS-3 to remove the trojan. But the main page of the company site says there is no technical support any more for the program. Is that right? What do you suggest me? Thanks a lot again.:D

4. oldcontroler

oldcontroler Guest

5. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Try one of the other trojan scanners, see "other anti trojan software" for suggestions. All I will say is your friend is right :) the only problem with his suggestion is that TDS-3 is no more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.