Problem with Definitions Update

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by D10_Omega, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D10_Omega

D10_Omega Registered Member

Hi,
    I am having a simple problem that I can't fix...

-> I was updating NOD32 to the latest 1.1102 definitions (on Windows 98 and latest NOD32 2.5.16) when I got a lovely MS BSOD (the BSOD was from another program - not NOD32 related)

--> So I rebooted Windows and updated NOD32 again, this time NOD32 update finished but each time NOD32KUI.EXE starts it gives me an error message:

-> "The current threat database is out of date. It is highly recommended that you update NOD32 immediately to ensure that newly discovered threats will be detected."

--> So I try to update again but I get "NOD32 is up to date"...

----> Is there an easy fix for this (please without needing to re-install NOD32 all over again ...) or at least can I save the downloaded update files and re-apply them afterwards ...

--> I'm on dial-up and I don't want to spend another 15 minutes to get the update...

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Are you positive you have a correct system date set?

3. D10_Omega

D10_Omega Registered Member

Hi,
    Thank you very much for your rapid response...

-- Indeed, the system date was set to March 20 2006.....
    --- The date must've been messed up when Windows 98 crashed (figures...)

--> I set it back to 2005 and the message is gone !! :oops: Thank you for the solution...

- BTW, NOD32 is the fastest and least resource-hungry AV I've seen, despite running NOD32, I still have 90+ free system resources :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.