Problem with backup to Network storage

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Midimanz, Nov 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Midimanz

Midimanz Registered Member

I am having problems when using True Image 9 in backing up to a Network storage device. I am using a Western Digital Netcenter 160 Gb network hard drive (model WDXE-1600JBA) and have folders mapped to two computers (1 X WIN XP + 1 X WIN 2K) quite successfully. These mapped drives appear in Windows Explorer in both machines perfectly and I can copy or move data into these drives in Windows Explorer with no problems. BUT, when I try to backup to these drives with True Image 9 I have endless trouble. If I simply try to backup some files I get the following error message: User name or password for the remote resource Y:\MyBackup.tib is incorrect. Please check user name and password and type it again. BUT - this drive IS NOT password protected and does not require a user name..... :oops:

Worse than this, if I try to create an image backup of the C: drive, the process starts, opens the window with progress bars and then stops dead in its tracks. Nothing further happens....o_O

Has anyone seen this problem and resolved it please.

2. curious2000

curious2000 Registered Member

Did you ever find a solution? I have the exact same problem...thanks in advance.

3. duuuuuuude

duuuuuuude Guest

is the remote drive NTFS? if not, maybe thats your problem

4. rpud_acro

rpud_acro Registered Member

Try with the UNC name of the share (\\myserver\myshare) The backup service runs as Local System and does not have access to network drives mapped under the user's credentials.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.