Problem With Avira Scan Shows Ugly Head Again

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Graystoke, Jun 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnny123

Johnny123 Registered Member

Take a look at posting #21, he does say what he was running at the time. I have the same problem with the rootkit scanner and all I have is Spybot S&D and a router for security, so I think it's most likely something else. On the Avira forum people have posted the scan log with the errors, but they didn't get any response, so he has a point about this. I personally don't care if the rootkit scanner works, there are enough free ones available. But I can also understand how someone may be upset if he bought it and this was one of the features he was interested in having.

2. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

Geeez poirot. Secretive! o_O I mentioned in my post #21, what I was running while I had Avira Premium and Avira SS installed. That's it, that's all, that's everything, nothing else. No other security software at all. Period.

I was not being secretive about what suite I'm running now. If you check my post #8, you'll see what I'm currently using. I didn't want to bring KIS into this. I didn't want people to think that I'm just some KIS fan trolling Avira. That was not and is not my intention. The only reason I even mentioned KIS was to reply to JerryM's concerns in his post, #7.

3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Greystoke is one of my friends and a very upfront and straight forward person. He has given to and anguished as much as I, with assisting Avira. Please do not question is integrity. I know lets get this thread back on track.

Hey Greystoke, trust me on this one, try out Bitdefenders new beta suite this week, you may just find the answers to your questions.:D

4. Graystoke

Hi trjam. Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate that very much. :)

I have signed up for Bitdefender's beta. I'm just waiting for their e-mail telling me I can start using it. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

5. fredra

fredra Registered Member

@graystoke
    It will be available on June 12 (tomorrow), check the Beta page on that day.
    Cheers :)

6. Graystoke

Thanks fredra. :)

7. poirot

poirot Registered Member

Never had the slightest doubt and absolutely NEVER 'questioned his intergrity'......

anyone could have understood that,otherwise i wouldnt have wished him all the best......

8. trjam

trjam Registered Member

No problem, I more then likely, over reacted.;)

9. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Bassically, in my Opinion you should :cautious: Install it, Update it, and dont Bloody Fiddle with it :cautious: having said that, its Silent like a Panther on my System :cool: ready to bash the Living Horace out of any Nasties and Thingymajiggys :ninja: I set it to Scan All files, and Repair/Delete Option, it Scans perfectly :shifty:

10. fredra

fredra Registered Member

OOPS!!!! :(
    @Graystoke
    They just changed the release date to June 19th.

11. Graystoke

Yeah, I just read that in the Bitdefender 2008 Beta thread. A little disappointing, but it's better that they get everything right before releasing it. :)

12. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Very true as this new one is going to be a "tad" different.;)

13. fredra

fredra Registered Member

Hmmmmm :doubt: :rolleyes:
    How different is "tad"?
    Just couldn't help that.... me bad ..... lol :D :D :D :D
    We now return to regular programming, already in progress .. lol

14. PierreF

PierreF Registered Member

I agree with Graystoke, antivir isn`t as good as it used to be.
    If it is not working try another one, if you still like it thats ok too.

15. Graystoke

Well, I think it's a good product as far as anti-virus/anti-malware products go. It has a very good detection rate. It runs very light, doesn't slow down the computer during start ups and browsing. There is just this scanning problem that affects some, not all, customers. If you read the Avira forum, you will see that there is a known problem, but nothing seems to be getting done to fix it.

There is this other little pet peeve I have about Avira, but that's for another day. ;) :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.