Problem with AVDisk for NOD32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Mele20, May 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I'm trying to install NOD32 on floppies so I can boot from the disks and scan and clean if I ever need to.

I am using NTFS DOS with the new version of AVDisk as recommended by http://www.nod32.com.au/nod32/support/avdisk.htm
    This latest version of AVDisk automates the task of getting the av files on the floppies. So it is supposed to be MUCH easier than it was a year or so ago when I, and several other NOD32 users who post here, tried to do this and gave up in frustration.

However, I ran into problems as soon as I tried to run AVDisk. First it warned me that a virtual device driver failed Dll initialization and gave me the choice of terminating or ignoring. I chose to "ignore" because the Dll driver in question is one that is shared with Symantec and I did not delete it when I got rid of the NAV that came on this computer because it is shared. The error refers to a Symantec driver.

I chose "ignore" and the program started.
    It examined my system and reported that I have no AV on the system! NOD32 is supported by AVDisk so it should have found it. It went on to say that I could enter the path manually and to click F2 to do so. So I did and immediately ran into another problem. The problem is I don't know DOS. This is supposed to be an AUTOMATED EASY TO USE PROGRAM. HA! This is what it said when I pressed F2:

"Please enter the path in DOS 8+3 format."

How do I do thato_O

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. Habiru

Habiru Registered Member

Hi,

Would you rather make a boot CD and have NOD32 update from the net when loaded, then scan either NTFS or FAT32 with a ton of utilites included??

Get Barts PE and I can send you a plug in that will run NOD32 from the disk.
    Its also available on line from the forum, but mine is already to go.

I use this as my first line of defense in cleaning computers of malware and viruses. http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

Let me know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.