Problem with a particular CLSID...

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Erik Ayala, Mar 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erik Ayala

    Erik Ayala Guest

    I narrowed it down to one CLSID that is causing a problem on my XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 system. It is Internet Explorer Exploit (2). When I have Spyware Blaster protect against it and I start IE it gives me the error message "Main automation server cannot create object." My internet seems to run a little slower after that. I don't know what else it affects because I just removed the protection for that one as a temporary solution. I haven't installed Spyware Blaster 3 yet hopefully that'll solve my problem. If not I'm gonna need some help with this one. Thanks.
     
  2. Phant0m

    Phant0m Registered Member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2003
    Posts:
    3,684
    Location:
    Canada
  3. javacool

    javacool BrightFort Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2002
    Posts:
    3,997
    In the event you still have this problem with SB 3.0, the new version of SpywareBlaster offers a "permanent ignore list" feature.

    More information in the help file. (You can access it by right-clicking on the protection list.) :)

    Best regards,

    -Javacool
     
  4. Erik Ayala

    Erik Ayala Guest

    I have now installed Spyware Blaster 3.0 and it is still the same problem.
    "Main Automation server cannot create object."
    I DO know how to use the ignore feature of the program but I want to be protected from all bad products you understand. I mean will you guys be working towards a fix to this? I understand you have limited manpower developing free software but every little bit helps. Thanks.
     
  5. Erik Ayala

    Erik Ayala Guest

    I also found something else out that was kind of strange... I enabled protection for "Internet Explorer Exploit (2)" again and got my usual "Main automation server cannot create object" message and clicked the first link that Pieter has in his Custom Block list tutorial explaining about CLSIDs and I could not download that Microsoft site! I do remember Ad-aware brining something up: Alexa, possible hijack attempt. It claims it's the "related" link in IE or something. I didn't remove it because I remember it saying something about Windows Update in the description. What's even more strange is that I cannot navigate to ANY search site anymore. I think it might help to mention that I am running IE 6 on XP Home with all applicable service packs.
     
  6. Pieter_Arntz

    Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2002
    Posts:
    13,331
    Location:
    Netherlands
    Hi Erik,

    Could you post your HijackThis log in the appropriate forum.
    Follow the instructions here:
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=15913
    I think this will show up:
    R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
    Fixing that should restore the search possibilities.

    Regards,

    Pieter
     
  7. JoeW

    JoeW Guest

    This may be a firewall issue. Disable firewall and try it.
     
  8. Erik Ayala

    Erik Ayala Guest

    It's weird, I don't think I have a firewall enabled cuz I never tried to use that feature but then again Symantec Security Check says that almost all of my ports are either closed or stealth. I can't check my dial up settings properties for some reason but I can access my network card's settings and it has the ICF (Internet Connection Firewall in XP) check box cleared.
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.