Problem with 4.0.437 and Vista SP2

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by MuffPotter, May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eezdva

eezdva Registered Member

Ok, I had the same . I didn't know what the problem was and ended up reinstalling windows. But of course when finished it happened again.

I still have a Norton license and will keep this running till Eset fixed this problem. Hope someone will post something on this thread when there is an update. :-(

What I didn't understand is that is there a fix already? Cause today the 5th it still happened.

And what does "test mode" stand for?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2009
  2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Please see this message thread for information about the fix.

When Test Mode is enabled, the software is able to download early releases of modules for testing purposes.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. MuffPotter

MuffPotter Registered Member

With the updates today the problem is finally solved on my computer.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  4. Trapster

Trapster Registered Member

I have had a nightmare with this issue since SP2 was installed; thankfully i have now been able to uninstall version 4 and have installed version 3 for the time being. I didn't like the sound of running a poxy fix; i thought i was paying eset for top class protection and top notch service not a bodge job until eset pull their thumbs out and issue a new working version. Incidentally I'm guessing thousands of people are experiencing trouble with this issue and running to eset's download site as it took me over an hour to download version 3!!! My subscription expires in September - after the issues of numerous false positives last year, this and an hour to download v3; I will seriously consider other vendors.

5. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

No problems here either.

6. intarest

intarest Registered Member

Seems to me that we have two threads at present, which are both trying to address the same issue :-

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=244205

Maybe one of the Mods should combine these threads, so that everyone can share the same information ?

As it stands, it unfortunately seems that the bottom line is the same in both instances, ie there is no valid fix at present, unless users "fiddle about" with files & configurations. Surely registered users should have access to a tried & trusted solution now, rather than having to resort to these (possibly successful) alterations !?!

Regards,

Intarest.

7. terradon

terradon Registered Member

I think that you are right, there are different problems experienced because of different setups. I don't agree that there is no solution, however. Depending upon what you have already done, you may need to uninstall SP2, make sure that the anti-stealth module is the latest (it was pushed in a definition update), and reinstall SP2.

Yesterday, I allowed MS update to install SP2 on a laptop that had previously failed. I didn't disable ESS. It installed with no trouble, and everything is now working great. I did the same on a desktop that had been blocking SP2 until I knew that any issues had been addressed. Here, too, it isnstalled flawlessly without disabling ESS. It has been running for 24 hours with no issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.