Problem when trying to validate image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tbecker1, Jul 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tbecker1

tbecker1 Registered Member

I have trouble trying to validate. When I do , the program seems to go from validating to restoring. I don't want to screw up my C: drive by restoring on top of it. Also, the name of the restoring drive goes from DVD-RW Drive (E:)
    to Acronis Media (E:) CD Drive but I am using DVDs. As a rank beginner, I really appreciate your help. Tom

2. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

Hello Tom,

Displaying DVD drives as CD drives is a little quirk of TI, but without consequences. It will read DVDs as well.

Switching over from the validating Wizard to the restoration Wizard is something new to me. I would uninstall TI and install it again.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello tbecker1,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

Firstly, I'd like to confirm bVolk's statement concerning DVD drives shown as CD drives. This issue is known and will be corrected in the future builds\versions of Acronis True Image. I'm afraid that the exact time frame for this is not decided yet. Note that this fact does not affect your DVD drive functionality and you still can use DVDs.

As for unexpected "switching" from validation to restoration, please make sure that you use the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home which is available in the Product Updates section of your account at Acronis web site.

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

To get access to updates you should create an account then log in and use your serial number to register the software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 3677.

Note that you should create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

Please also check section 10.1 of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home User's Guide describing in detail how one can validate backup using Acronis True Image embedded Validate Backup tool.

If the problem still persists with the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home then please use a screen recording software Camtasia Studio to record a movie showing the problem. The 30 days trial version is available here.

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the '.camrec' file collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.