Problem viewing Web Pictures

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Eclipse99fwb, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eclipse99fwb

Eclipse99fwb Registered Member

Hi I'm a tech support for a reseller of NOD32. I had a client email saying they were having problems with pictures on web sites not showing.
    I'm not sure if its every web site, I have searched on here and came across the problem using FireFox.
    I have sent here a email asking what browser she was using or what type of firewall she has. I gave a possible solution, with turning IMON off, to see if it solves it. She hasn't replied back yet though.
    I looked up other possible causes, I dont believe NOD32 is causing this issue unless she has FireFox which I read about turning down IMON for that program. I found about IE option Show Picture.
    Until I am able to get ahold of her, I wont be able to try any other solutions, so I figured I would see if any one here would be able to give me some suggestions.
    Has anyone else had a problem like this, that was caused by NOD32?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Here is what you can suggest your client :

Repair Winsock
    Windows XP SP2 and Windows Vista

Goto Start –> Run
    type cmd and click OK.
    Type netsh winsock reset
    Press ENTER . Restart immediately !

N.B. ! There is a space between the commands , example netshSPACEwinsockSPACEreset
    N.B. ! If you use Windows Vista , you must first run cmd as Administrator .

After restart , open NOD32's Control Center -> Click IMON and reregisted it to the system . Restart again

When IMON is ready , open Control Center -> IMON -> Setup -> "HTTP" tab -> Client compatibility and make sure all applications are set on Higher compatibility as shown here

Confirm with OK and Hide the Control Center ;)

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

By the way, tell them Firefox is usually a bit slower at displaying images (at least on my PCs)

4. Eclipse99fwb

Thanks for the reply. It turned out to be they had messed with their IE settings and just turned off the show picture option.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

:D :D

Ok . Thanks for letting us know

6. Eclipse99fwb

I have one quick question for you HiTech, in your above instructions on resetting the Winsock, when you say click on IMON and reregister it, do you mean going to setup in IMON and doing repair now on Network Config. changes? In case someone had this problem and tried your solution, I figured I would make that clear for them.

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No .

IMON works and stucks in the Winsock layer . When doing Winsock "repair" , everything that is already in this layer will be eliminated and Windows will get a fresh new empty (let's say it so) .

IMON will need to be registed in the Winsock in order to work properly (this is done during install or can be done afterwards) . In this case we do it afterwards.

So , after repairing Winsock , they will see IMON grey due to the fact it is not active , not registered in Winsock . Don't go to Setup and attempt repair , but just press the Start button , it will ask for confirmation with Yes and that is it .

One more restart is necessary in order to make NOD32 register IMON successfully to the Winsock .

By the way , if your own computer is running XP SP2 or Vista , try it on your own . It won't hurt your machine but you can see how it is working :)

8. Eclipse99fwb

lol sorry I just actually found another post you had made explaining that. Ive done the Winsock repair before, I just recently learned NOD32 so I'm not to sure on everything. I must be doing something right though as I moved up to the second head Tech support here, and Ive only been working with NOD for three weeks now=) Thanks to everyone for making this excellent forum, you all have saved me alot of headaches so far!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.