Problem Updating SpywareBlaster(Can't Update)

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by elbebo0, May 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elbebo0

elbebo0 Registered Member

Yeah i have tried disabling my Firewall and Trying to update while Firewall is off but i still cant

2. elbebo0

ok well since my computer was acting weird latelly and it was using too much ram and stuff i formated hard disk and reinstalled windows fresh new computer ftw but guess what? i still cant update spywareblaster o_O :( :'(

3. elbebo0

anyone there?

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

According to your first post to this thread, it shows you are using 4.0.

Is that still the case and if so have you considered properly un-installing that version of Spywareblaster and then install the latest version which is Spywareblaster 4.1

5. elbebo0

Hmm... well after uninstalling the program and installing the new one when i did update same thing...no fix for me in 4.1 and i still cant update the java site and im pretty sure its not a virus now since i formated my HD...the CD was a new windows xp cd...so its a completly new computer basically i really dont know whats going on :/ my neightbor can update SB just fine....

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

That being the case, what happens when you attempt to accomplish what Ronjor suggested earlier ?

7. elbebo0

8. elbebo0

well?? :(

9. thanatos_theos

thanatos_theos Registered Member

The cause of the problem might be your ISP. Try contacting them. In the meantime, just manually update SpywareBlaster.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=12266

thanatos

EDIT:
    *Reread the whole thread* Since you can't really access javacoolsoftware.com and spywareblaster.net, try using an online proxy to reach the sites (for verification, manual updates). Also, check if javacoolsoftware.com and spywareblaster.net are listed in your host file (use HostMan).

Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.