Problem restoring to windows xp partition

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by lance1412, Nov 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lance1412

lance1412 Registered Member

Hi,

I'm using TI7. I've got a system with two hard drives & a secure zone on drive 2.
    Drive 1 is partitioned into a C: drive and a D: drive. I've got windows xp installed on the c drive. I've got data on the d drive.

My system crashed and now I need to restore my c drive from the secure zone. However when I try to do this TI tells me it can't because I'v got something running. I've closed down as much as possible using task manager but there are some things I just can't close down - xp won't let me.

What is the best way to go about restoring my c drive? If anyone has got any ideas I'd appreciate a response asap as I'm desparate to get this up and running before business starts later on today!

Thanks,
    Lance

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Lance,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences. Please accept my apologies for the delay with the response.

Please boot your computer from Acronis bootable rescue media and restore your system partition in this way.

Thank you.

3. lance1412

lance1412 Registered Member

Thanks for your reply.

I had tried that initially but kept getting an error when booting up, something like usb.c string descriptor error -110. In the end I discovered that I could get rid of this by unplugging my usb printer!

Lance

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.