Problem restoring from tib's across multiple DVDs

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by LJJ, Oct 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LJJ

LJJ Registered Member

Hi:
    Using the trial version, (9.0 - Build 2.277), I have backed up a partition to both the Secure Zone and to a set of 5 .tib files (using a file split of 2000MBytes as suggested in the documentation for burning onto DVD-R).

The restore from the Secure Zone went correctly - no problem.

If I restore from the 5 .tib files when they are on a network connected drive and all in the same folder, again there is no problem.

However, if I boot from the Acronis recovery CD and then attempt to recover from the .tib files when they are located on 3 DVD's (2 DVDs each with 2 files and the third with a smaller single file), there is a problem. If I insert the first disk (with tib files 1 & 2), Acronis recovery complains as expected and asks for the last file in the set. Therefore, I insert the last DVD with the last small file; Restore tells me that it will take a couple of hours and then after a few minutes, it pops up a dialog saying that the data has been restored. It does not ask me for the other tib files and all that it had managed to do on the target disk is to totally remove the partition that it was about to attempting to restore (leaving "unallocated" space) - no restore has really taken place.

Of course, **I** can restore across the network as explained above, but the reason that I am testing ATI is so that it can be placed on each of our customer's systems for shipment all over the world with the intention that they be accompanied by DVD's containing the factory configuration. (We'll also include a Secure Zone backup as well but the DVDs are meant to be extra security). It is probable that many of the destinations will not have the ability to create network accessible disks and could require restore from the DVD's only.

Thanks
    Lionel

2. LJJ

LJJ Registered Member

Ping.....

Anyone have any thoughts about this?

Thanks
    Lionel

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello LJJ,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please contact our technical support team in order to investigate the issue. Please also tell them what type of DVDs you were using.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexander Fedotov

4. kenjan

kenjan Registered Member

Just a minor rant that I was not able to find this thread when using the forum search function, using obvious key words!
    *puppy*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.