Problem Resizing and Moving SOME Partitions

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Nedwob, Aug 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nedwob

Nedwob Registered Member

On my Dell Inspiron 9400 I have 8 logicals (D: to K:). I wanted to resize and move several. No problem with D:, E: and F:, but G: showed a small red cross and I couldnt Move or Resize it.

Couldn't find anything in the Help about this, and a search here didn't throw up anything.

I solved the problem by copying OFF everything on G: (except Recycle Bin and SysVolInfo), then Deleting G:.

After resizing H:, and moving it I got the space as I wanted it to create G: again and copy stuff back.

But this took a long time - what was the problem with G: and how can I cure the problem if it arises again in future?

nedwob

2. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

A small red cross on a partition indicates that there is a corruption problem with the partition or a bad sector. DD won't resize or move a partition that has a problem that it can detect. Most problems like this can be fixed by running chkdsk /f (to fix corruption or file system errors) or chkdsk /r (to mark and remove bad sectors).

Reformatting the partition, as you did, is another way to fix file system problems.

3. Nedwob

Nedwob Registered Member

Thanks for the Reply, Mark

I assumed it was something like that, but why Acronis don't mention it anywhere in the Help is annoying.

Nedwob:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.