problem related to SpywareBlaster setting?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by reckon3, Jun 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reckon3

reckon3 Registered Member

Hope this isn't to newbie like- usually not this brain-dead. I wonder if I misconfigured or didn't shut something down correctly re: SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard. I've been using GAV as a back-up anti-virus program. In order to use it- you have to switch to small fonts.(still a beta program GUI) Running 1024X768, so usually (with 17" monitor) leave it set as 'larger'. I make it 'smaller'/re-boot and run GAV- then switch font size back- re-boot. (Windows 2000 Pro/SP3)

After installing SpywareBlaster/Guard- did usual routine. When re-booted- the numbers/words in the toolbar (time), the toolbar in Eudora/right click on desktop see small, small words in option list; and in IE browser- toolbars smaller- favorites very small font, etc. Desktop icons were okay. Finally used Drive Image to return to normal after trying everything else. :rolleyes:

I assume I should have disabled something? -as these were only 2 programs installed before this happened. I really want to use them- so hoping for an easy answer. I apologize for such a long post- thanks for any help ahead of time- reckon3

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Neither SpywareBlaster nor SpywareGuard should affect the font size settings. Perhaps it was just a typical Windows glitch?

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. reckon3

reckon3 Registered Member

Thanks- apreciate the help. I fear you are right- wouldn't be nearly the first time I've experienced a glitch! I think I have an idea of what happened , so I'll try it again- nice having a back-up ready; since with Windows- you never know! Thanks again- reckon3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.