problem related to SpywareBlaster setting?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by reckon3, Jun 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reckon3

reckon3 Registered Member

Hope this isn't to newbie like- usually not this brain-dead. I wonder if I misconfigured or didn't shut something down correctly re: SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard. I've been using GAV as a back-up anti-virus program. In order to use it- you have to switch to small fonts.(still a beta program GUI) Running 1024X768, so usually (with 17" monitor) leave it set as 'larger'. I make it 'smaller'/re-boot and run GAV- then switch font size back- re-boot. (Windows 2000 Pro/SP3)

After installing SpywareBlaster/Guard- did usual routine. When re-booted- the numbers/words in the toolbar (time), the toolbar in Eudora/right click on desktop see small, small words in option list; and in IE browser- toolbars smaller- favorites very small font, etc. Desktop icons were okay. Finally used Drive Image to return to normal after trying everything else. :rolleyes:

I assume I should have disabled something? -as these were only 2 programs installed before this happened. I really want to use them- so hoping for an easy answer. I apologize for such a long post- thanks for any help ahead of time- reckon3

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Neither SpywareBlaster nor SpywareGuard should affect the font size settings. Perhaps it was just a typical Windows glitch?

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. reckon3

reckon3 Registered Member

Thanks- apreciate the help. I fear you are right- wouldn't be nearly the first time I've experienced a glitch! I think I have an idea of what happened , so I'll try it again- nice having a back-up ready; since with Windows- you never know! Thanks again- reckon3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.