Problem reading mounted .TIB file

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Patrik_P, Nov 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patrik_P

Patrik_P Registered Member

Hello,

I have trouble reading contents of a backup file i created.

I booted PC from trueimage boot cd(trueimage 6.0)
    Created image of the entire harddrive on another PC over network(completed OK)
    Verified the image(completed OK)
    Started acronis, and mounted the .TIB file as a new drive letter(E:), worked fine.

The problem is, windows(XP SP2) behaves as if the new drive(E:) was unformatted. Clicking on it results in "E: is unaccessible - files or folders are damaged and unreadable" message. Rightclicking and selecting 'properties' of the drive claims the file system type of it is "RAW". But the filesystem stored in the .TIB image(displayed in trueimage while mounting it) says it is NTFS(as it should)

Any idea what the problem here could be? The data inside the image are important to me and i need to extract them somehow.

Thanks for any replies.

2. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Are the Versions and Builds of your rescue disk ATI, and Windows ATI the same ?

F.

3. Patrik_P

Patrik_P Registered Member

Yes, the versions are the same(TI 6.0). I used this procedure several times before to recover data from non-bootable harddisks(corrupted windows installations that coudnt be started even in safe mode anymore)

But in this particular case, it just wont work. Strange thing is there's absolutely no error message from TI whatsoever, everything finishes normally except the final emulated mounted drive is unreadable...

Normally i would just get the HD out and connect it as a secondary HD to another, working machine but this one happens to be a notebook HD with nonstandard connector, so i'm stuck :)

Thanks for the reply.

4. jlo1972

jlo1972 Registered Member

The same thing happened to me, but I finally found the resolution. Just go into your Disk Management program. Your drive should appear there - right click the drive and select "Assign access to this drive" (or something like that) and that's it. Your drive should appear in Explorer view.

5. jlo1972

jlo1972 Registered Member

You can also use Partition Magic to extract the files from the hidden partition or drive.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Patrik_P,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home to see if the issue persists? Acronis True Image 10.0 Home is compatible with the image archive created with any previous versions of the program.

If the issue persists with Acronis True Image 10.0 Home, please make a screen shot of Windows Disk Management by following Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Disk Management after you mounted the image archive.

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.