Problem installing KAV in Windows 7

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by DougRees, Apr 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DougRees

DougRees Registered Member

I recently upgraded my version of Windows 7 to "Ultimate" and installed the "XP Mode" virtual machine, in order to run some badly-needed XP software that won't run in Windows 7 and that I can't afford to upgrade. When I ran the XP Mode, I got a message to the effect that my computer was unprotected because no AV was installed. I checked on the Internet, and found that an AV was indeed needed for the virtual machine.

Since I use KAV as my main antivirus program, I decided to install it on my virtual machine as well. I went to the Kaspersky website and downloaded the trial version. At first the installation went reasonably well, but it eventually failed, and from that point on, nothing on my virtual machine would work. I couldn't even go into the Control Panel to uninstall Kaspersky!

I eventually uninstalled the XP Mode program, and started over, installing AVG on the virtual machine. Thus far, everything seems to be working OK, but I wonder if there's some way to put Kaspersky on the virtual machine, since I prefer the level of protection it provides.

2. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Hi Doug

Have you tried posting the same at the Kaspersky Lab Forum (http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showforum=4)?

Good & knowledgeable bunch of people (no disrespect to Wilders users ;) ) who may be able to offer some sound advice.

Regards

Balders

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

It is possible something went wrong as KAV and any other AV (as you did with AVG) work fine under XP mode. I would try again (assuming you have time)

4. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I usually start all of my AV testing in a virtual machine and have not encountered an issue I can blame on it being a VM. If KAV is anything like KIS, one problem I occasionally and randomly have is that something goes wrong when it re-registers vbscript.dll and jscript.dll. This tends to breaks many things and corrupt the installation. I would try again, making sure absolutely nothing else is running when you do the install.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.