Problem Deleating Files Off Hard Drives

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by AnthonyG, Oct 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

For the past few weeks i have been having problems deleating some files and folders on my slave and master hard drives while using Windows XP Pro SP2. It would when i choose to deleate a file or folder it would say cant delate "something" as it is being used by something (i cant remember exactly what it is). But i know for certain it is not in use by anything.

Today i just for the first time installed a new USB hard drive and tried to deleate some files on this and once again the in use by something came up so i couldnt deleate them it was also saying the har drive is write protected which is absurd as why will it let me deleate some files from it.

Is there anyway i can overrule this and force a deleate from my hard drives or is there any quick deleating (free) applications that will just quickly deleate a file (i dont mean forensically deleate which takes hours to deleate one folder) i just mean quick deleate.

Thanks

2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

You can use Unlocker, just rightclick on the file and choose Unlocker.

3. Beef

Beef Guest

Start your computer in SAFE MODE.........an then delete (remember.., Safe Mode Bypasses everything but a traffic cop)

4. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.