Problem connecting for SB updates?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by MikeBCda, Dec 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

I'm using the "basic" SpywareBlaster (i.e., no auto-update subscription).

For the last couple of weeks, more often than not if I Check For Updates, nothing happens other than that "Checking ..." thing. After 30 seconds or so of inactivity, I'll just give up and shut SB back down again. Maybe one try in ten I'll get the "You have latest ..." thing.

Two questions:
    (1) Server problems at the Javacool end, and if so any idea when they'll be straightened out?

(2) Any harm in closing SB while supposedly in the middle of trying to update? Avast! a-v, and possibly others, warns of possible corruption if you do that with theirs.

2. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

I am also using the "basic" spywareblaster, but unlike you I am having no problems with any updates, in fact I have just done one now.

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

The server has been up and running just fine with the exception of a very minor (10 minute) interruption over a week ago. :)

I'd highly recommend against it. In all likelihood, nothing would happen... but if you caught it at just the right moment it's possible that you could end up with corrupted database files.

The next time you encounter this issue, could you please leave SpywareBlaster open and keep track of how much time passes before a message is displayed? (It should eventually time out and give you a message - so this shouldn't take more than a minute or two.) Thanks!

Best regards,

-Javacool

4. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Thanks, Javacool, will let you know that when and if ... tried again just now, and got the latest update almost instantly. Guess my system's like most cars, totally refuses to misbehave if an expert's on hand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.