Problem checking compressed files

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by arpadvezer, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arpadvezer

arpadvezer Registered Member

Hi!

I'm using the hungarian version of Eset Smart Security 4.0.442.0.

Everytime when I try to scan a compressed file (e.g. zip, rar, also compressed installer files (msi, exe) I get the following error message:

"a kitömörítést a program nem tudta befejezni (nincs elég szabad memória, nincs elég szabad lemezterület, vagy probléma adódott az ideiglenes mappákkal)"

This means the following in english:

"the program couldn't finish the extracting of the files (There are not enough free memory, there are not enough free disk space or there is a problem with temporary folders)"

The message appears in automatic and on-demand scanning too.

I have more than 100gb free space on my hard disk and I have more then 1gb free space in the system memory.

I have tried reinstalling, also with Revo Uninstaller. Tried contacting the hungarian support, they are forwarding the problem to the developers.

I have also tried changing the environmental variables (temp, tmp). This didn't help.

If you could thelp me to solve this problem, I would be really pleased.

Thanks for your help,

Arpadvezer

Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Check the system and user temp/tmp variables and make sure they point to existing folders. If they do, try deleting and and re-creating them.

3. arpadvezer

The folders exist, they can also be written, but cannot be deleted, because the system is using them.

I have Windows Vista Home Premium.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

What about deleting and recreating them in safe mode? Another thing you could try is creating a new folder and pointing the user and system variables to it. A computer restart will be required. Then you can change the folders back.

5. arpadvezer

I have solved the problem temporarily by disabling UAC (User Account Control) on the Control Panel. ESS now scans every compressed files properly.

If I have more time I will try to find better ways to solve this issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.