Problem after installing

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by AnthonyG, Dec 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

Hi,

After hearing so many good thinga about it i thought i would give looknstop firewall a trial. But the problem was after i installed it and went online a constant repeating system like beeping was occuring and simply would not go away.

I had to uninstall the product. I tried reinstalling and the same thing occured.

I am using xp home with no service packs.

Any suggestions on what is wrong.

Thanks

2. jon_fl

jon_fl Registered Member

I'm far from an expert as I just got this program myself. But here is your answer from the help feature;

(The 'Log' group controls the way information are displayed in the 'Log' page and also which action to perform when a rule matches.

When a rule matches, you can choose to display a dialog box and/or to play a sound. If the sound name is empty whereas the sound is selected, the system sound will be used).

So, whenever you go to a page and the beep sound is heard it means that a rule matched. You can see what caused the beep sound in the log page, where you can create a rule. I'm just learning about it. From what I've read, it's not as complicated as it sounds and you, and I, just need a little more familiarity with it. There are members here with a lot of experience with LNS and you will get all the help you need.

;)

3. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

Thanks, but its not when i go to a web page, it is as soon as i start aol the beeping starts continuously non stop until i then go offline.

It is very irritating and i dont think this is a feature of the product as it would drive people nuts.

4. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

jon_fl is right, it is a sound alert from the Look 'n' Stop Firewall, indicating packets being displayed, you can disable the feature in Options, this applies at a global scale, or disable sound on particular rules. This is only a problem because software you use hasn't been properly configured up with the firewall, so the annoyance occurs...

5. jon_fl

jon_fl Registered Member

I had to re-install SP2 and the sound was continuous throughout the download. How could I have stopped that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.