Proactive Protection Poll

Discussion in 'polls' started by LoneWolf, May 21, 2013.

?

What Proactive Security measures do you have in place?

1. Firewall/Built In OS

39.8%
  2. Firewall/Router

50.5%
  3. Firewall/Software

32.3%
  4. Firewall/Hardware

6.5%
  5. Antivirus

62.4%
  6. Antimalware/Antispyware

32.3%
  7. HIPS/Classical,Policy Based

34.4%
  8. Anti-Executable/Execution control

24.7%
  9. Sandbox

38.7%
  10. Light Virtualization

11.8%
  11. OS Built In Protection/(Example)LUA,SRP,UAC....

33.3%
  12. All in one Suite/aka Internet Security Suite

7.5%
  13. Alternative OS/(Example)Linex,BSD

7.5%
  14. Other

12.9%
  15. Nothing/I'm Invinciable

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

Imaging is the best Security Program.

No hours and hours spent on trying to clean an infected PC and never really know if it is Clean.

2. x942

x942 Guest

Mine:

• GRSecurity Hardened Linux kernel
    • Hardware FireWall (Untangle)
    • DD-WRT Router
    • IDS/IPS on the Untangle box
    • iptables firewall on linux

3. joshua19

joshua19 Registered Member

First of all I hope this is allowed here goes

for my main computer I use Qubes OS which uses security through isolation.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For my secondary computer I use Windows 7, with OpenDNS (Anti-Phishing) I also use DNScrypt for protection against man-in-the-middle attacks and snooping of DNS traffic at the last mile.

And for the broswer I use noscript for protection against XSS attacks and HTTPS everywhere for MITM attacks.

And at the sametime I use sandboxie for isolation of the browser from the OS in case it ever gets compromised

for my search engine I use duckduckgo.

For keyloggers I use keyscrambler,and

for some privacy I use ghostery

and for website rep I use web of trust

for the firewall I use Zonealarm free firewall.

for anti-viruses I use Avast Free,for the strong malwares I use Malwarebytes for advanced rootkits (NOT KERNEL ROOTKITS) I use roguekiller tigzy and kaspersky TDSSKiller with malware bytes anti-rootkit with sophos anti-rootkit

if I can't even boot into my own computer I use avg rescue CD

As a last resort if I have become completely compromised then i'll nedd to flatten the system (reformat the system disk) and rebuild it from scratch (reinstall Windows and your applications).
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For my dreamed computer I would like a fully hardened Gentoo with RKhunter and strong iptable with a non gui TOR browser (much like lynx) and having a gateway and workstation both on xen hardware vm much like whonix only xen this time with end-to-end cover traffic-- not just to the first hop, but all the way to your final destination -- to prevent the adversary from correlating presence of traffic at the destination to times when you're online. and protection against active attacks that block the padding for a short time at one end and look for patterns later in the path." Also having Quantum cryptography and having Federal Information Processing Standard Level 3 certified 140-2 and having a microkernel and having full isolation much like Qubes.And secure boot and secure bios and everything updated to the latest version,perhaps even something like safehouse.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.