PrivaZer Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by The_PrivaZer_Team, Feb 15, 2013.

1. BabbleFish

BabbleFish Registered Member

Thanks for the quick reply!

The cookies worked for the most part but the Firefox Sync still requires me to login every time I open/close the browser.

2. takiabtom

takiabtom Registered Member

I am using v3.0.12

3. takiabtom

privazer team

ref 1348 Privazer still kicking off clean disk every run.... is there any logic to this.

Whilst on the soapbox could you please explain RAM clean. I have 8GB, The scan says 79% with potential traces yet on the same screen memory is stated as 82/200% - what is that all about? Finally when the clean is done only 1310mb of RAM is cleaned. Excuse my simple idiot user syndrome but do these numbers make sense?

4. The_PrivaZer_Team

The_PrivaZer_Team Developer

hello,

we are looking into all of these and will come back to you with improvements.

for your info :
    section "memory" (300% in total) = RAM (100%) + hiberfil.sys (100%) + pagefile.sys (100%)

which is not very understandable by users even advanced ones..., I must admit it...

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

5. takiabtom

Take your point ref display but surely what you have is incorrect.
    If I have 80% RAM to clean you display that result in the scan (presumably because that is what needs to be cleaned )
    Yet the scan also shows 4% of pagefile that needs a clean and I do not use hiberfil at all - yet you display 200% in the scan result display when only 4% needs cleaning. .....i.e. you are displaying 80/200 %
    Your display logic seems a bit off to me.
    Can u not manage to display the %ages that need cleaning in each case e.g. (using above numbers)

RAM / Pagefile / Hiberfil..........82 / 4 / 0 %

As a footnote may I please enquire how far along the roadmap is the previously requested and agreed clean without the prior scan

6. The_PrivaZer_Team

Cleanups without scanning will be implemented in next release.

7. takiabtom

Hallelujah !!!! - thankyou so much.

8. The_PrivaZer_Team

and improved RAM cleanup (as requested) should be ready today too...

9. The_PrivaZer_Team

DONE.
    v3.0.13 released with improved RAM cleanup.
    Cleaning without scanning is now possible (pre-analysis and scan of traces in the free space have still to be performed prior to cleanups).
    Simply check the "Start cleaning" checkbox in the scan window of PrivaZer to skip many steps of the scan process.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  10. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Wow! A much faster clean-up now. Thanks guys! :thumb:

11. theo koster

theo koster Registered Member

I have installed Privazer on my windows 10 PC. After installation it requests what should be deleted. I selected that almost every trace should be deleted. After running privacer and rebooting my PC, the windows installer is starting and taking much CPU. I have selected to remove the previous windows version and cleaning of windows update.
    I suspect that this is the cause the the windows installer kicks-in after a reboot because it is missing someting.
    Before installing privazer there was no issue with the windows installer, I downloaded privazer from the official website, run a virus and malware check. I suspected that I had a virus, but now I think this behaviour is caused because privazer removed something.
    Any ideas or similar experience ?

12. takiabtom

Screenshot (1).png
    I asked and I got, so I am well pleased. Thankyou
    However, the attached shows that the scan prevails in my scheduled clean - is this a wheel off or an unfortunate price to pay?

13. takiabtom

I had real problems with win10 after running Privazer (see post 1 3 5 3). I cannot say what was the cause but I ended up having to reinstall win10. Since I have unticked all Privazer references to cleaning/tidying win10 files and updates and have had no problems whatsoever.

14. The_PrivaZer_Team

1. Scheduled cleanups will be modified in next release to skip the scan.
    2. This was propably caused by the Disk Cleanup Tool launched by PrivaZer to clean Windows Update.

15. jopa66

jopa66 Registered Member

Hi... There seems to be an issue with the latest version v3.0.13 in that the progress bar, when cleaning the MFT is not functioning properly. Running Windows 7 64 bit. When starting to clean the MFT, the bar will very quickly advance to 99%. It then stays there for the entire cleanup. The estimated time to completion is also FUBARed. MFT cleaning seems very slow compare to previous versions. And I can't say for sure but, I don't think it is calling conhost.exe at around 51% like it used to do. Have just run Privazer on 5 different drives with same results.

16. The_PrivaZer_Team

The MFT scan can estimate the total amount of free MFT needing to be cleaned. No scan, less duration but no accuracy for the progress bar while cleaning MFT (as 100% corresponds to the free MFT entries in total) .
    The speed of MFT cleanup, itself, stay untouched.

We will try to find a better solution for displaying the cleanup progress anyway...

Hope it helps.

17. jopa66

jopa66 Registered Member

I don't understand your explanation. Until this version there has always been a progressive incrementation to the progress bar - from 1% all the way up to 100%. The countdown timer, although somewhat flakey, at least gave some hint of how long the process would take. Now it's just run the app, go have a coffee and see what happens.

18. The_PrivaZer_Team

We will find a way to get the progressivity back in the next release.

19. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Maybe not.

20. cloudstr

cloudstr Registered Member

Hello, there is rare times when Privazer show an error window during cleanup: An error occurred in the application : Continue application, restart application, close application, show bug report, send bug report.

If i choose Continue application, the cleanup continue but it stuck at 99% and stop doing another cleanup. Then I restart Privazer and it works fine!

It looks utterly random and I can't tell when it happens. I am running XP SP2, maybe too old?

21. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Why not SP3?

22. cloudstr

cloudstr Registered Member

Because i hate the number 3 so much its just like 8 cut in half

23. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Yeah, OK. I'm sure that makes sense in your eyes. :rolleyes:

Good luck!

24. jopa66

jopa66 Registered Member

Just another observation. I reverted back to v3.0.12. "Processing MFT entries" and "MFT entries cleaned" are distinctly different. In the latest version 3.0.13 these two numbers increment synchronously. ie. always the same.

Attached Files:

25. The_PrivaZer_Team

Thanks for the feedback. We will work on it as it is another consequence of skipping the scan.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.