PrivaZer Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by The_PrivaZer_Team, Feb 15, 2013.

1. The_PrivaZer_Team

The_PrivaZer_Team Developer

Hello @jwcca,

we have executed "ExecutedProgramsList" from Nirsoft.
    After testing, we can affirm with no doubt that the displayed column "last executed on" is populated with date/times retrieved from prefetch files.
    As we explained in this post :
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/privazer-discussion-thread.341840/page-52#post-2617728

PrivaZer does clean the date AND the time of the "last executed" entries in prefetch files.

So I would suggest you to re-check.

1. Run ExecutedProgramsList (and take a screenshot if you want to post it here...)

2. Clean the prefetch files with PrivaZer as displayed below

3. Run a new instance of ExecutedProgramsList (and take a new screenshot to compare last executed dates/times)
    upload_2016-10-4_10-18-5.png

OK?

2. jwcca

jwcca Registered Member

I'm confused because:

in post 1267 kopija specified that he used "executedprogramslist" and found all programs were listed.

in post 1268 I spoke of my experience using "executedprogramslist" and that I found that not all programs were listed. I was not disputing the obfuscation of the date and time.

====================

in post 1288 you said that you were unable to reproduce the issue and that Privazer did obfuscate the dates and times as expected, but you included screen shots from "WinPrefetchView" rather than "executedprogramslist".
    This has nothing to do with the dispute whether all or not all programs are listed.

in post 1290 I simply pointed out that you were using "WinPrefetchView" which is not "executedprogramslist" and might have different results.

in post 1326 you used "executedprogramslist" which shows date/times retrieved from prefetch (and other) files and then stated that Privazer cleans the date and time of the "last executed" entries in prefetch files.
    This still has nothing to do with the dispute whether all or not all programs are listed.
    =================================================
    What do you mean by the word "clean"?
    Do you mean that:
    the date and time values are removed, leaving blank values, or
    that the date and time values are obfuscated to a future date?

When I run "executedprogramslist" immediately after running Privazer, I find that some entries have no date or time (blank) and other entries have obfuscated dates and times. Of course a program run after Privazer, such as "executedprogramslist" has a real, accurate date and time, which is to be expected until I run Privazer again.

So I'm not sure why you're pursuing a topic which is different than the original disputed topic in post 1267, all or not all. :doubt:

3. The_PrivaZer_Team

yes,
    we investigated because of the second part of this post claiming that "the time is not changed, just the date". We could not reproduce the issue.
    PrivaZer cleans (=scrambles) every last executed date/time listed to preserve privacy.

4. GPM

GPM Registered Member

Many thanks, that was the problem. I was unchecking the Event Log box from the main screen, selecting Computer then System, and not from the Schedule screen.

5. jwcca

jwcca Registered Member

Based on your answer and the time passed since my post 1268, I ran the "executedprogramslist", took a screenshot, ran Privazer, ran the "executedprogramslist", took a screenshot, and, for the Privazer entry in the "list"s, nothing had changed, both the date and time were the same.
    The date was 2584-08-03 which is obviously obfuscated. The time was 20:45:08 which was obviously different than the time that Privazer was run at 07:34:38 this morning, so I agree that the time was also obfuscated.
    However I also note that the time in post 1268 was 08:41 which is different than 20:45 which means that Privazer changes the time "every once in awhile" but not every time that it's run. Which then supports my claim in post 1268. Beyond that, I can't explain any more because I didn't keep screenshots from my original comments.
    Anyway, I don't think that Time is a problem, it has a much more restricted range than Dates, so even an obfuscated Time looks like a normal time and, unless someone is keeping their own log of when they run programs, the Time is easily believable as being accurate even if it's not.

J :)

6. cyberlost24

cyberlost24 Registered Member

New Update!!

v3.0.10 (05 October 2016)
    - Improved cleanup of flash cookies :
    . flash cookies in Chrome
    . flash cookies in Opera
    . flash cookies in Chromium
    . flash cookies in SRWare Iron
    . flash cookies in Comodo Dragon
    . flash cookies in portable versions of Chorm based browsers
    - New cleanup option :
    . cleanup of Chkdsk log files
    - Improved UI

7. jwcca

jwcca Registered Member

I wanted to stop a scheduled scan for a few days so I changed the frequency to "Never".
    I tried to set up a schedule today and couldn't.
    I could specify "Daily" and "07:00" but there's no way to specify the drive(s).
    By changing to "Monthly" I was given the option to pick the "Day" and I was also able to specify the drive and then change the option to "Daily" at "07:00".

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  8. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hello,

First a bit of background information: I use a custom version and install of Chromium (nik, lkgr, PGO optimized, codecs, no sync, 64 bit - available at http://chromium.woolyss.com/ ) with a small program that installs it and keeps it updated (chrlauncher available at https://github.com/henrypp/chrlauncher ). All of the files (installer/updater/launcher, chromium, the cache and the profile) are in the same folder which I have located at C:\Program Files\Chromium. I am attempting to add this custom install of chromium to the PrivaZer settings.
    Now for my first issue :As you can see from the following screenshot, I can set the cache path with no issues:
    2016.10.10_15h37m17s_001.jpg
    However, the custom setting does not stay as it has disappeared when I go back to check the settings.
    The second issue is I cannot set a custom user profile as once I have enterd the correct path to the profile and select it, I get an error. See the following two screenshots:
    2016.10.10_15h18m13s_002.jpg 2016.10.10_15h19m12s_003.jpg
    It could be that I am doing something wrong with PrivaZer but I think there is some issue not letting me select the custom chromium user profile and cache paths.
    Any help would be appreciated...

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  9. The_PrivaZer_Team

Hello,

we will investigate. Thanks :thumb:

10. puff-m-d

Hello The_PrivaZer_Team,

Thanks, I appreciate it ;) !

11. The_PrivaZer_Team

12. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

v3.0.11 (18 October 2016)
    - Improved recognition of SD cards
    - Improved UI
    - Fixed issues
    : . Cleaning old versions of Windows may hang
    . Custom cache path for Chrome/Chromium not remembered
    . Improved path recognition of Chromium installed with chrlauncher

13. puff-m-d

Hello The_PrivaZer_Team,

I have done some testing with the settings and then doing a "Clean my internet traces in 1 click!" from the main GUI.
    My settings took for both "Internet browsing > Cache path" and "Custom user profile & Portable versions" as shown in the following two screenshots:
    2016.10.18_11h32m33s_003.jpg 2016.10.18_11h31m33s_002.jpg
    Note: The actual profile path is "C:\Program Files\Chromium\64\profile\Default" but I can only select "C:\Program Files\Chromium\64".
    I have all options for "Internet browing > Chrome, SRWare Iron, Chromium, SRWare Iron, Chromium" checked as in the following screenshot:
    2016.10.18_12h22m02s_001.jpg
    I then browse with Chromium for a bit, exit Chromium, start PrivaZer and do a "Clean my internet traces in 1 click!" from the main GUI. The logs after cleaning do not show any items as being cleaned from Chromium and upon restarting Chromium, I can verify no cookies, cache, history, etc. has been cleaned.
    Any ideas? Have I done a setting wrong? Or is there some setting that I missed?
    Thanks for your help!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  14. The_PrivaZer_Team

I will investigate. Thanks again for your feedback.

15. puff-m-d

Hello The_PrivaZer_Team,

Thanks a lot!

16. The_PrivaZer_Team

Hello @puff-m-d,

1. the custom cache path works :
      when the scan is completed, click on "Internet browsing" in the scan list and then "scans performed",
      scroll down and find your custom path in the list, its "Type" is "Cache". Found it?

2. select directory "C:\Program Files\Chromium\64\profile" and not "C:\Program Files\Chromium\64\profile\Default"
      (the "profile" subdirectory should be automatically added by PrivaZer if you select only "C:\Program Files\Chromium\64")

upload_2016-10-19_17-9-44.png

so that you finally have : "C:\Program Files\Chromium\64\profile" listed in your list of custom user profiles

Works?

17. puff-m-d

Hello The_PrivaZer_Team,
    OK, I tried this yesterday but the only path that would select was "C:\Program Files\Chromium\64" (see screenshot) and nothing was cleaned...
    [​IMG]
    I tried again today and for some reason I could enter "C:\Program Files\Chromium\64\profile" (as seen in screenshot below) and now the cleaning is working...
    2016.10.19_11h33m02s_003.jpg
    Yes, after changing the profile directory as outlined above, I have now found it and the cleaning is now working. The only difference between not working yesterday and working today is the selection of the profile directory ("C:\Program Files\Chromium\64" - did not work >versus< "C:\Program Files\Chromium\64\profile" - does work)... That is the only change that I made from yesterday to today to get it working.
    Anyways, all is fine now and working as expected...
    Thanks a lot for all of your help :thumb: !

18. The_PrivaZer_Team

Hello @puff-m-d,

Improved selection of custom user profiles, added in the new v3.0.12 released today.
    (to make it easier to select the appropriate folder).

Thanks again for you feedback.:thumb:

19. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

v3.0.12 (01 November 2016)
    - Improved Shellbags cleanup (donors version)
    . New options :
    . preserve the positions of icons on my desktop
    . preserve my default preferences to display folders

- Improved recognition of SD cards
    - Improved prefetch cleanup
    - Imporved cleanup of Paint.net
    - Improved support of custom user profiles
    - Improved UI

20. puff-m-d

Hello The_PrivaZer_Team,
    Thank you for all of your help :thumb: !
    You are most welcome ;) ...

21. superb8989

superb8989 Registered Member

Does privazer really wipe all internet/browsing trace?
    So there is nobody can retrieve anything from my PC?

22. The_PrivaZer_Team

yes,
    set it up accordingly,
    and clean your internet traces and any leftovers in the free space.

23. takiabtom

takiabtom Registered Member

Screenshot (2).png Screenshot (2).png

I seem to be having nothing but problems with win10 at the moment for reasons unknown (although it has recently updated in background) viz....
    all desktop icons disappeared
    column settings in explorer disappear
    when running Privazer the system disk cleanup utility kicks off and hangs.
    Anyone having similar problems and/or any of these associated with the clean selections in Privazer

24. BabbleFish

BabbleFish Registered Member

I'm new to the PrivaZer donors version, how do I go about setting up the cleaning after browser closes so that I can keep my theme/settings for certain websites? e.g. DuckDuckGo's dark theme and settings, Firefox Sync login, gmail login, etc. The interface is just a little confusing compared to CCleaner.

Thanks!

25. The_PrivaZer_Team

hello,

@takiabtom,
    which version of PrivaZer do you use?

@BabbleFish,
    in PrivaZer, click on the "cookies" section and add the ones you want to preserve (gmail, duckduckgo,etc..). Ok?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.