PrivaZer Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by The_PrivaZer_Team, Feb 15, 2013.

1. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

@ cloudstr

Thanx for the USB Oblivion link, nice tool ! Also worth checking out is this USBDeview http://www.nirsoft.net

2. jwcca

jwcca Registered Member

I just read the following thread:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/thre...up-or-keep-an-os-healthy.375079/#post-2480445
    in which a poster says that:
    Would the USN likely be used by Reflect imaging to identify adds/changes/deletes etc. for it's very fast Rapid Data Recovery?

If true then it would be a bad idea to delete the journal or it's contents.

I'm running Privazer which is currently set to remove 'traces' from the USN and Reflect RDR still seems quite fast, so I'm assuming that whatever Privazer removes does not impact Reflect..... but...maybe?

I'll ask the Privazer Team about this.

So, I'm asking... thanks
    J

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  3. Louisaz

Louisaz Registered Member

I recently downloaded and tried PrivaZer. I was so impressed, I became a donor.

I hope that you continue your straightforward efforts to improve your program in response to informed user feedback.

Here is one thought:

In the included video demo, you neglected to create a RESTORE POINT before cleaning the PC. You might want to reconsider that. Most of us who have been at this for decades would advise everyone to create a restore point before installing a new program (not a routine upgrade) or doing a deep cleaning of your PC -- including elements of the registry. Perhaps you should make the creation of a RESTORE POINT the default setting that is automatically invoked prior to the cleaning process (unless the user deselects that option).

Thanks,

Louis

4. jwcca

jwcca Registered Member

A message might be a good idea but setting a default is not.

A user should know that a back up of some kind should be made on a regular schedule and that running Privazer immediately after that is the best option.
    For example I have an imaging application that's scheduled to run at 09:00 every day. It takes about 1 minute to run so that I can run Privazer immediately afterwards and, if problems pop up immediately, I can restore the image. If problems don't appear for many days then even System Restore won't help.

It might be nice to schedule Privazer to run automatically, but I'd want a way to verify that the imaging had run successfully, etc. Well I do schedule it, just manually and I verify manually, takes a few seconds to do that.

You're of course addressing only the system drive (usually C:. You don't want a restore point created if you're running Privazer against a 'data' partition/drive.

So, for users that depend on System Restore or any other back up program, a pop up window wouldn't be a severe annoyance, but if there were a check box, the default should be 'Unticked'. And it should not apply to 'data' drives or NAS or anything other than the system drive.

5. jwcca

jwcca Registered Member

BUMP post 952 above

6. jwcca

jwcca Registered Member

I ran a test by creating a text file in the root of C, ran Privazer to clear the USNJournal and $LogFile, the files was there when I browsed the back up image created this morning.

So Privazer poses no threat to Reflect. I've now set up a schedule to run it just prior to the Reflect image back up.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  7. Slink489

Slink489 Registered Member

So why did I spend my days and nights trying to avoid that? Restore points offered nothing more then what I could do with careful usage and simple backups. Get it together PZ. Track the money and you'll fall. Yup.

8. NorCal Native

NorCal Native Registered Member

I've considered Privazer, but had to decline installation since they are completely non-transparent about who & what they are. Their "corporate address" is fake (it's for an incorporation mill in Delaware), and they are not forthcoming about their background. I'm very surprised so many people have either overlooked or ignored this fact, that no one really knows who Privazer's distributor "Goversoft LLC" is and who or what is funding them.

9. Paranoid Eye

Paranoid Eye Registered Member

True points which is why its always a good idea to use full encryption and even better encryption with plausible deniability (in case you are forced to give up your password), sitting 24/7 under a VPN IP and using basic firewall rules to block your original isp IP and paying via anonymous CC, bitcoins are a good step in your direction to maintain that privacy.

One should always assume any software or o/s can be exploited, its when that information is used against you in a negative manner which I consider criminal!

Otherwise I love privazer and am a donated member it does the job fast and perfectly, although I would love them to have an option to scan on startup or shut down, or multiple schedulers, if you look at ccleaner it now has a smart cleaner running 24/7 in the system tray which is awesome. I still use kcleaner which does a good job with its hourly clean scheduler though but nothing beats privazer overall.

10. dogbite

dogbite Registered Member

Is it possible to use privazer to clean Firefox portable when in custom location?

11. subhrobhandari

subhrobhandari Registered Member

This is interesting. I would like to hear from them regarding this. Meanwhile I found this

Code:
    https://trademarks.justia.com/856/96/privazer-85696634.html

12. The_PrivaZer_Team

The_PrivaZer_Team Developer

I understand but sorry for now, as previously written, I don't want my boss to be informed that I can spend my nights working for PrivaZer...
    We are an international team mainly French, german, US and we have no office and we are ready to deliver to the world the best cleaner - privacy tool ever for free or for a pay-what-you-want fee (donation)

@dogbite
    Click on "Advanced options" and just enter your portable Firefox path or your custom Firefox profile path here :
    custom_user_profile_options.jpg

Hope it helps.

13. dogbite

dogbite Registered Member

Thanks much.

My 2 cents: I do see nothing wrong with hiding your identities. The Truecrypt developers are still unknown but still Truecrypt is highly trusted...so why?

14. Rules

Rules Registered Member

v2.31 (07 May 2015)
    - Improved free space cleanup
    - Improved temporary files cleanup
    - Improved registry cleanup
    - Improved ActiveX cleanup
    - Improved RollBack Rx detection

http://privazer.com/

Rules.

15. zmechys

zmechys Registered Member

Yes, you have the best cleaner/privacy tool EVER!!!
    Thank you.

16. pietrz44

pietrz44 Registered Member

Hi

Can I use PivaZer in my small company (commercial use) on my computers free ? Regards Krzysztof

17. The_PrivaZer_Team

Hello,

for commercial use, a donation is required. Give what you want (we are not greedy).
    Donations start from as low as $6 !! :isay:

18. cyberlost24

cyberlost24 Registered Member

19. Lex2345

Lex2345 Registered Member

I was following the thread about WebcacheV01.dat and PrivaZer back in late 2013.
    Now need to update to IE 10 or IE 11, but it still appears inconclusive whether any program out there can truly clear/delete the newest Webcache folder, files, and logs created by the IE 10 and IE 11.
    PrivaZer claims that it does, but I read others say that it doesn't or only partially does.
    So can anyone advise for sure (hands on actual usage) that it can clear/clean this folder and files?
    And, that it causes no harm or other issues with windows after using.

I am still shocked how little attention this HUGH privacy item has received since IE made the change with IE 10 years ago.
    Thanks

20. jwcca

jwcca Registered Member

Just installed and ran v2.32 and found that all my Libre Office 'pinned' links and all the Explorer 'pinned' folder links in the Task Bar have been deleted/removed. This didn't happen with v 2.31 so something changed for the worse.
    Were defaults applied automatically in v 2.32 or what else happened?

21. focus

focus Registered Member

V2.32 does not seem to be cleaning the $LogFile on W7x64. Was getting many entries to clean on previous version(s), now getting 0 every time.

22. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

http://privazer.com/download.php

23. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

http://privazer.com/download.php

24. marzametal

marzametal Registered Member

What!? 6 times faster analysis speed... this I gotta see!

EDIT: What's going on with the file size? Decent jump from 7MB to 10MB... approx

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  25. The_PrivaZer_Team

Hello here,

@Lex2345
    PrivaZer is able to analyze and clean WebcacheV01.dat as shown on the screenshot by deleting selectively Cache and Internet history entries (overwriting+deletion) or by removing it (overwriting+deletion) totally.
    I would suggest you to check the options "Remove all" to delete+overwrite completely the WebcacheV01.dat database.

Once deleted, the system will create an empty new one (WebcacheV01.dat file). This file is not zero-sized but contains no data, just the database structure.
    That's why some users get confused, thinking that the database was not really removed by PrivaZer. But it was, and then recreated empty...

webcache.jpg

@jwcca
    We did not change anything concerning the Jumplists.
    Normally, pinned entries are not removed by PrivaZer.
    What is your OS?

@focus
    We did not change anything concerning the $LogFile entries cleanup/scan.
    Do you still have the issue?

@marzametal
    We changed some code and calls to new libraries. That's why it is 10 MB now.
    To see the changes, under "Indexing", check everything (the Windows Search database will be totally erased, selective deletion will come in v2.35 or v2.36). Scan of Indexing should last 15s instead of 2-3 minutes.
    indexing.png

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.