PrivaZer Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by The_PrivaZer_Team, Feb 15, 2013.

1. The_PrivaZer_Team

The_PrivaZer_Team Developer

Thank you @Annoyed Ninja :thumb:

Your etl.006 will be removed by PrivaZer in the next release. I confirm.

2. chileverde

chileverde Registered Member

I am new to PrivaZer. So far, I like it a lot.

When I was reading about it, I believe I saw a reference to a feature that would allow me to have PrivaZer not clean new files—that I could say don't delete files less than X hours old. There were a few choices, including 6 hours and 24 hours. I cannot find where to configure that in the current version. If that option still exists, where can I find it?

3. chileverde

I just ran a PrivaZer scan with both Edge and Firefox open and did not see a warning that the browsers were open.

My Firefox profile is on a different partition (not on C: partition), but Edge is in the usual place (wouldn't even know how to move it).

In my testing so far, PrivaZer seemed to run fine with Firefox open, except that it did not clean FF cache, cookies, and site data when FF was open—as expected. But I do not see a warning that I have not closed a browser, which would be handy, because sometimes I forget to close all browsers before running a scan.

BTW I appreciate that I can tell PrivaZer the location of my FF profile, and then PrivaZer cleans the files there. I have been using System Ninja for a while, and System Ninja cannot clean FF profiles in non-standard locations. PrivaZer also freed up much more space on my C: drive than either Bleachbit, which I tried very briefly, or System Ninja.

Glad to see you are on Wilders, where I am already a member.

4. zmechys

zmechys Registered Member

Thank you.

5. The_PrivaZer_Team

@chileverde,
    PrivaZer informs you only once if your browser is opened before running a cleanup. Then, it will no longer for next cleanups.
    If your web browser is still open, scans are not impacted but cleanups are because in that case, PrivaZer can not write on files opened by the web browser running.

Maybe we should inform users that their browser is opened and add an option to close the browsers automatically for scheduled cleanups.

@zmechys
    Thanks for all your feedbacks
    We do appreciate, really.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2022
  6. chileverde

I didn't even see the notice that a browser was open once. In any case, it would be a good idea to always inform users that the browser is open when a scan is started. I like to think I am on top of things, but I still often start a scan without remembering to close all browsers.

You did not answer my other question in the post above the one you replied to:

7. The_PrivaZer_Team

Sorry, I missed it.
    This would be a new and interesting feature to implement in PrivaZer as an option.
    Will do it. On our roadmap now. ;)

8. chileverde

Ah, so it is not currently a feature! Thank you for adding it to the roadmap.

As I was researching various cleaning programs, I may have seen the feature in connection with another program and thought it was for PrivaZer. What a pleasure to be able to reach a real person associated with your project through this forum.

I have already purchased the donor's version for myself and a family member.

9. The_PrivaZer_Team

Fantastic
    Happy to have you on board,

Fladen

10. Rules

Rules Registered Member

PrivaZer 4.0.50 released

changelog :
    + New cleanup : Automatic cleanup at PC startup
    + Improved command lines : /HIDE_BUT_SHOW_ICON
    + Improved cleanup : Thunderbid
    + Improved cleanup : Total Commander
    + Improved cleanup : Foxit PDF Reader
    + Improved cleanup : Registry
    + Minor bug fixes : Avira (bug fix 3)
    + Improved UI

https://privazer.com/en/index.php
    https://privazer.com/en/changelog.php

11. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

12. takiabtom

takiabtom Registered Member

@privazer
    I have a querry ref sheduled cleans. I am set up to clean at 19:00 local time daily. The screenshot of the task after completion is clearly on a different time slot.
    I am sure this used to be consistent but whatever the case could you please sort this out to display local time. Many thanks. Screenshot (104).png

13. takiabtom

HI Guys
    which version number would that be. I am on 50 now and still not seeing thiso_O??

14. The_PrivaZer_Team

Hello @takiabtom,

1) Maybe your PC was not running when the scheduled cleanup should have been performed. The option "Start as soon as possible after the date" is ticked as I can see on your screenshot. So, I presume, it started when it was possible to start "after the date".

2) Cleaned MFT display will come in next release. Sorry.

Working hard on exFAT right now for next update...

15. zmechys

zmechys Registered Member

I have a question for Privazer Team.

If I have an opened/running browser (Brave, Chrome, Opera), I can clean my Internet browsing history with Privazer without any questions asked, but...
    If I have an opened/running browser and I want to clean it with Wise Care, then, I get a message telling me to close my running browser in order to clean the browsing history/cookies.

image_2022-08-12_090934379.png

Is Privazer cleaning cashes, cookies while a browser is running?

P.S. CCleaner also cleans Internet without questions if a browser is running.

16. The_PrivaZer_Team

Hello,

It depends what is accessed and locked by the browser while PrivaZer is cleaning.
    For scans of internet traces, no problem if they are open. For cleanings, it is bette to have them closed.

17. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

@The_PrivaZer_Team: may be useful a new option: in " Scan in depth " in the bottom, beyond the button " scan " that open the three scanning option, another button " scan and clean " ( normal clean ) so that we can push it and we have not to wait for the end of the scan to launch the clean process.

18. The_PrivaZer_Team

Hello @blacknight,
    Simply tick "Start cleaning" just near the "Scan" button.

Does it help?

19. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

:( Yes. I never noticed it.:D

20. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Simple oversight I run across sometimes. Normally a few times per day I like to PrivaZer CLEAN the MFT after a Defrag.
    It is (Scanning) through those blocks which on my 8.1 system takes a little time. On my Win 10 it's near instant (SSD)

21. takiabtom

Ok maybe an oversight on my part but the screenshot shows a clean completed at 16:16, a current time of 20:01 and a schedule for 19:00. So I am unclear if 19:00 actually worked.........would a daily completion at 16:16 have prevented a further one at 19:00 o_O??

22. The_PrivaZer_Team

Hello @takiabtom,

it should not prevent from running at 19:00 if run at 16:16

In your Windows task scheduler, click on the right panel "activate the history of tasks"
    and look into the task "PrivaZer_cleanup", you will have more info to see when the task run, like this (sorry it is in french) :
    upload_2022-8-23_22-21-29.png

23. The_PrivaZer_Team

Try the command :

PrivaZer.exe /HIDE_BUT_SHOW_ICON

OK ?

24. Annoyed Ninja

Annoyed Ninja Registered Member

Hi, does RtBackup get cleaned when running PrivaZer? I just had a run and the RtBackup file is still there.

Attached Files:

25. warrior99

warrior99 Registered Member

The PrivaZer Team, Thank you for your wonderful software

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.