Privazer - CCleaner alternative ?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by abu shofwan, Jun 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mantra

mantra Registered Member

is it safe clean traces in mft,free space and usm journal?

thanks

2. kyuzo

kyuzo Registered Member

I've been using this program for about two weeks. I allowed it to set its own defaults, including cleaning the mft, free space and usm. The first cleaning was scary, to be sure. I was shocked at how many traces Privazer found of jpegs of pictures and receipts I'd scanned and subsequently "secure deleted" with WinUtilities and SlimCleaner! So far I haven't seen any problems. One thing I haven't been able to determine is that while the program seems to be cleaning the prefetch, I can't find that option to turn it off. On my machine, cleaning the prefetch seems to lengthen the boot time. It doesn't cause any real problems, just lengthens the boot. Unless the program causes me some trouble, I'm definitely holding on to this one.

Hope this helps.

3. Bodhitree

Bodhitree Registered Member

Nice program!

After running Bleachbit, CCleaner, Glary, Bullguard Cleaner, and Advanced Uninstaller Pro cleaner, it still found a 'ton' of potentially exploitable traces left behind. This one is a keeper, it even knows you have RollbackRX installed and takes out a couple of the scans to adjust for that. Smart!

4. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

No problem with Privazer, it cleans many things and much deeply than every other I tried, especially mft and free space, and I never had issues.

5. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

It set some of my Office Settings to Default! :mad:

Better stay with CCleaner and CCEnhancer! :thumb: ;)

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  6. Bodhitree

Easy to change it in the settings. Each category shows a more button, to allow you to uncheck categories.

7. jo3blac1

jo3blac1 Registered Member

Wipped my disk completely. Had to re-image entire SSD. Very unintuitive IMO.

8. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

+

Privazer, deeper than any cleaner has gone before! :D :argh: :D

9. Bodhitree

I have now used Privazer on 5 different machines in the last 24 hours, at least 1-4 times each. No issues at all. SSD's can be problematic, I won't buy one until the tech improves, and prices drop. I have heard of quite a lot of issues with them, maybe this is one? Seems odd, Privazer was smart enough to see RollbackRX installed, and adjust it's settings for that.

10. Wild Hunter

Wild Hunter Former Poster

No thanks, I have enough sporadic issues with CCleaner + Winapp2.ini

11. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

Yeah, I'm noticing my own issues with CCleaner lately. I really don't see why they need to update as much as they currently do, and it still never cleans all that well. Really I'm about to dump it and pass on any "cleaners" from now on. Most either don't clean well, or, in cases like what is being discussed in this thread, they clean too well.

12. kyuzo

kyuzo Registered Member

One of the reasons I migrated to SlimCeaner and then to Privazer was an interesting phenomenon that was occurring with my CCleaner. I had downloaded Comodo System Utilities and decided I didn't like it. So I deleted the installer and uninstalled the program. When I used CCleaner to clear out the Recycle Bin and clean files up, the program would endlessly cycle while in the recycle bin. I'd have to manually stop the program or else it would not stop cycling. This is the only time I've ever had CCleaner give me any trouble. WinUtilities (my personal go-to) had no trouble cleaning out the Recycle Bin.

One thing I REALLY like about Privazer is the ability to right-click to eliminate files by securely cleaning not only the file, but wiping the mft and free space traces as well! If you can suss out the selections necessary to ensure you have no problems with the cleaning, Privazer ought to be a real contender.

13. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

-And how will I know which category(ies) is/are the one(s) that create(s) this problem?
    Do you expect me to try them one-by-one?
    Reset my Office settings for 10 times and proceed in 'Try & Error'?

-Also, their Registry Cleaning does Not allow the user to select which Entries to Fix!
    That's very Irresponsible and in turn, Dangerous!

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.