PrivateFirewall - How to allow internet sharing in LAN?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by xperator, Jun 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xperator

xperator Registered Member

I have 2 systems. A pc and a laptop. here is diagram :

Wireless Router =====> Laptop < Shared Internet > PC

As you can see the laptop feeds the PC's internet. Because PC has no wireless device. So they are connected with LAN.
    The problem is that the PrivateFirewall installed in my laptop makes the pc internet broken when it's on "Filter traffic" mode. So I have to put it in "Allow traffic" to let internet sharing work.

What service/program do I have to change in PrivateFirewall's rules to make internet sharing work?

Type of internet sharing : ICS / DHCP

2. itman

itman Registered Member

I don't know why you have ICS turned on.

I believe all you have to do is set up a home network on the laptop and then when the PC boots, it should "join" that home network on the laptop automatically.

I believe that the PF Network default setting is "low" which should recognize and allow the PC automatically.

3. xperator

xperator Registered Member

what do you mean ? Isn't ICS the only way to share internet in a network ?
    I am not familiar with home network type. Never tried it.

After reading your post, I created a home group on laptop, and joined the wireless connection to it. Then I tried to set the ethernet connection network type to home and join it to the home group but can't do it. Because the ethernet connection in laptop is undentified and is stuck to Public type network.

Tried asking google but couldn't find anything on this. Every article I found is about ICS.

Can you please help me step by step to set up a home network ? :(

4. itman

itman Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.