Privatefirewall 7.0.23.4 Stalls on alerts!

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by InDICa, Mar 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InDICa

InDICa Registered Member

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody else has problems when
    an alert pops up? The firewall seems to stall, after I pick
    allow or block. If I leave it alone for 30-60 seconds the alert
    box closes and all is fine again. But a real pain at times.
    And it happens more often than not.

My O/S is Windows 7 x64 Pro SP1,i5CPU M 430 @2.27GHz,4GB RAM.
    I would understand if I was running it on very old computers,but
    can't find what is the cause of the stalling on alerts?

I did try shutting down all other security software, but had no effect.
    It still stalls. Too bad because I really like this Firewall.

Thanks for any help.

2. clubhouse

clubhouse Registered Member

I get the same problem, system similar specs to yours...but with XP SP3...great firewall otherwise.

3. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Same problem here.

4. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

5. InDICa

InDICa Registered Member

Thanks for the reply’s and link. I did speak to Tech Support and it’s the first they heard of it, but they will be checking into this. I do use Shadow Defender most of the time, so there seems to be a time lag on my computer when in Shadow Mode, and PF stall alerts.

So just to make sure it was not registry corruption? I reinstalled Windows 7 and it still gets some stalls at times, but not as much as before. I would
    say most of the stalls are in Shadow Mode, but still get stalls on alerts in none shadow mode but less rare. Or it’s because I just use Shadow Mode
    99% of the time, when surfing the internet.

I did find out through testing it can take anywhere from 30 seconds-10 minutes(on game learning) for the stalled alert to go away. Also I found more often than not an alert stall is less likely if you give the alert more than a few seconds ,and then answer it will not stall as much. Rather than hit the alert the second it pop-ups!

Good to know I am not the only one having this problem. But hope they fix it soon, great firewall! Catches DLL traffic injection better than any firewall
    I have tried. Did the Winrar installation test and so far it is the only firewall that catches it. DLL traffic injection. Comodo missed it! Look”n”Stop also missed it and online armor I could go on, but they all missed it except PF!

I think I have tried every firewall and PF is the only one to catch this DLL traffic injection installing Winrar. I like to know if something is connecting
    to the outside world of the web. And PF does that for me, besides the bug stall alert at times. :doubt:

There will be a new release out in 4-6 weeks they told me and very friendly Tech support and fast & free! And please tell them about your stalls on alerts also please so they can fix the problem.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.