Privacy sux?

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by bellgamin, May 31, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

The BIG downside of laws & caveats to protect my privacy (& yours) is that they are also protecting the privacy of our nation's enemies-among-us, as well as the privacy of mentally perverted people such as the person who shot down multiple children in Uvalde, TX.

Every time I read about a mass shooting event, such as the one at Uvalde, I later read that the person who did the shooting had put out certain "clues" that would have warned of that person's dangerous mental attitudes.

Because mass shooters often leave behind trails of threats & rants on social media & other such venues, it seems inevitable (as the lesser of 2 evils) to forgo some areas of privacy so as to enhance & endure "Big Data Surveillance by big brother."

Yes or No?

2. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

The 3letters already monitor virtually everything. They missed it. Understandable. I feel more like this:

"I’m bleeping disgusted that at almost all these shootings the police wait outside in safety while kids are getting killed. They’re not bleeping greeters at walmart, they’re policemen. They signed up to risk their lives. They can't act like cowards. I say get a job at walmart if you want to be safe."

I sanitized the above quote for Wilders.

3. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I fully agree that Uvalde police should have gone in ASAP. However, I find it sad that those who want someone to blame for Uvalde's shootings are again using cops as their favorite scapegoat. At the same time, news articles about cops who die in line of fire are usually given 3-liners on page 4. In some parts of NYC & certain other cities, people cheer when a cop gets killed, & throw bottles & fruit at a cop's funeral procession.

All across America, there are strident calls to defund police. Also, there are often news articles that disparage all police & their families for the actions of a few bad apples. No wonder that there are large numbers of police VACANCIES all across the nation, and no wonder that top quality military vets seldom apply any more..

People want cops to speed fearlessly into violent scenes and risk their lives to put down mass killers. At the same time, the courts & the news media & the BLM & the ACLU & the Congress are demanding that cops be less aggressive, never shoot first, don't "pick on" minorities, and GENERALLY to stay out of trouble. That's a cop's life nowadays -- you're criticized if you attack, & criticized if you don't. And some even want to have gunless cops (like the UK) & some want to use social workers instead of cops.

Cops have become the scapegoat for everything that goes wrong -- never mind the fact that most of them are paid less than Army corporals, and overworked because of the unfilled vacancies in many police departments.

Chief Justice William Rehnquist wrote for the Supreme Court majority in DeShaney v. Winnebago County Department of Social Services (1989)...
    So, would it make sense to defund &/or disarm our cops, as many politicians demand, and treat them as pariahs & "pigs" while, at the same time, demanding they risk their lives for us?

Police Officer is an HONORABLE profession, despite there sometimes being a few bad apples, as there will be in any large group. However (I repeat), despite the crap cops are enduring, if ANY cops were in the Uvalde shooting situation, with many kids in danger, they all should have shouted, "Damn what the the ****boss says, We're going in!!!"

4. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

This emotive topic is going beyond the scope of a security forum and is now closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.