Privacy expert suite 8

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by zebis, Feb 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zebis

zebis Registered Member

Dear Ilya or Ivan,

regarding My case NUMBER 205158, I have not had a reply or status update for 4 days now. I was just wondering what if anything has happened yet, Are the developers still looking at this issue, if so how long till i hear something back. Could you please check the status of the above mentioned case number and get back to me.

Thank you, look forward to hearing from you Sooooon.

ZEBIS, James O'Connell

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello zebis,

Your problem is being investigated by Acronis Development Team. We are really sorry for the delay with the solution. It is likely that we will need several more days to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. zebis

zebis Registered Member

Dear Ilya,

Thanks, I don't want to be pushy.That is not my intention. I trust that this issue is being taken care to its fullest. You guys have not let me down as of yet.

Just can't wait to use the product i bought is all.

I guess the last two builds 711 and just recently released 712 would not solve this problem. I'm scared to try the new 712 build.

Please keep me updated if you can.

Thanks again,

james o'connell

4. Acronis Support

Hello James,

Your problem is quite complicated. I would suggest that you try to update your Acronis Privacy Expert 8.0 to the latest build and send the result to support@acronis.com. It would be really better if you do not write a separate letter but send a reply using the "Reply" button of your e-mail agent. In this case your letter will be automatically added to your previous one.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. zebis

zebis Registered Member

Dear Ilya,

No way, i've gone back to suite 7 for now, until this issue is fixed. i can use suite 7 with no problems. I think i will stick with it until this is resolved.

Thanks,

zebis

6. SHaase

SHaase Registered Member

Hello,

regarding Zebis 1st post I can confirm, that the "spyware child" seems to cause problems with another security programs.

I use the BitDefender Professional Plus 8 suite from Softwin.

When the Acronis spyware child is enabled, it takes sometimes 10 to 20 minutes and suddenly my computer crashs and resets.

Sometimes it happens much earlier during the boot-up, after log-in.

But if I disable the spyware child, I can use my computer hour to hour without any reset...

Regards Stefan

7. zebis

zebis Registered Member

Just so all of you know, I too can run suite 8 as well but i cannot change, edit, view firewall outgoing connections without a complete shutoffffff occuring.

This means, no spyware shield running, pop up blocker NOT running. Either way, It seems that possibly the acronis spyware shield may be interfering with the built in Trend Micro Internet Security( pc-cillin ) 2005. or vice versa. This is just a guess. I have received my visa bill for $45.98 , purchased on the 23-24th of FEB,2005, HMMMMMMMM now march 14th and no answer as of yet.

Still love the product though and would not go without it. I switched back to suite 7, No problems at all. Runs like a charm.

Just a waiting game now.

8. zebis

zebis Registered Member

okay,

this is becoming really frustrating. it has now ben over a month since i reported my problem and sent the info that was asked for.

I'm starting to lose confidence with acronis at this moment in time. I know the problem was severe, but i think after 30 days i should have had an answer by now.

Could you please give me a status update as to what is happening. The product has been paid for for a month now and have not been able to use it.

Status please......( 205158 )

regards

Last edited: Mar 31, 2005
  9. Acronis Support

Hello zebis,

I have contacted Michael concerning your problem. It is still currently being investigated by our Development Team. As soon as they make the conclusion Michael will contact you.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

10. zebis

zebis Registered Member

Hey everyone,

It has been a while since i posted,

But guess what? Seeing as how it has been almost 2mths. since i reported my problem to acronis, and have not heard anything back . I went and downloaded PES 8 build 734.

Well guess what? My problem seems to have vanished. I took a risk and downloaded PES build 734, so far all is well. runs like a charm with very little reources being used.

Kudos !!!! To acronis.

But why was i not notified that my problem was fixedo_Oo_O

anyways all is good and so far i am happy with build 734.

I will post back if i encounter anymore issues.

good luck to all,

Zebis

11. Acronis Support

Hello Zebis,

Glad to hear you have solved the problem.

Please visit your personal page on Acronis web-site and make sure you have checked the "Notify me about updates for my registered products" box. After that you will receive all the news about updates via the e-mail you have indicated in your account.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

12. zebis

zebis Registered Member

Dear ilya,

Yes, i am glad to tell you that all is well, but how come i did not receive anything telling me that the problem was fixed. This is really not like acronis. tha last time i had a problem with PES 7 i had received an e-mail with a week and the problem was fixed.

No-one notified me that my current problem was fixed. yes, i knew that build 734 was out but did not know that my problem had been fixed. I sat here for 2 months waitng for a response. I t was luck that decided to give build 734 a try to see if the same problem occurs.

well, it did'nt, thank god!. the problem is, how do i get back the near 2 months of my subscription?.

please let me know if my subscription can be extended. I just dowloaded build 734 on march 23- 24 2005. i purchased the product Feb 25- 0r 26 2005.

thanks ilya, really love the new product now that i can use it.

sincerely,

zebis

13. Acronis Support

Hello zebis,

I have seen the last Michael's letter. He recommended you to update Acronis Privacy Expert Suite 8.0 to the new build where your problem was specifically addressed so it should have fixed the problem (as it did fix).

The problem was in the compatibility of a part of Acronis Privacy Expert Suite with another application. The crash was therefore not caused by only Acronis software. Furthermore, the problem was fixed even though our Development Team were unaware of the details of Trend Micro or BitDefender performance.

I have contacted our Development Team once again and I can tell that there should be no more problems of this sort.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

14. zebis

zebis Registered Member

Dear Ilya,

how are you? I'm much better now. All is working very well and i am very very pleased to use the new PES 8 suite. I have had no problems at all with the latest build.

I did receive an e-mail from michael some time ago, but from what i remeber it was related to bitdefender, not trend micro specifically which is why i was hesitant to try the new 734.

I am happy that all is well now, freakin great..... I can't wait to see what PES 9 looks like, but will have to wait till next year. should be even better. By the way i hope that the 25 or so people i have told about PES 8 bye the product. A number of them have downloaded the trial version to see if they like it. Hope they buy it.

I will keep you posted if anything bad should happen, but i don't think anything at all will happen now. Yippy, so darn happy.!!!

Please tell Michael, ( Thanks so much and keep up the good work )

thank you to Ilya,

Sincerely,

Zebis ( James )

15. zebis

zebis Registered Member

Dear Acronis,

Just installed the latest build of PES 8, all is very good. No problems at all.

Thanks again,

Zebis

16. Acronis Support

Hello Zebis,

Glad to hear everything works fine for you. If you encounter any problems in future please feel free to contact us. We will certainly help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.