Privacy Expert from a batch file

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by bspeaks, Nov 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bspeaks

bspeaks Registered Member

Using some of the techniques mentioned in the TI forum, I have setup batch files to run TI 9 using the vaious script files produced for scheduled backups. This has gotten me around the non functioning pre and post command issues of TI. With PE, is it possible to run the various cleanup tasks in a similar fashion from a batch file?

I presently have PE v7, which I have not used much because it does not support Firefox. Based on the problems I have seen posted about V8 I am waiting until the release of v9 before I start into this. If it is not possible to create and then run the various options from a batch file, I probably will not pop for the upgrade.

Thanks!
    Bill

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Bill,

We regret to inform you that this feature most probably won't be implemented in the release build of Acronis Privacy Expert Suite 9.0. However I've forwarded a request for this feature to our Development Team.

We are always at your service should you have any further questions.

Thank you.
    --
    Semyonov Vasily

3. Acronis Support

Hello Bill,

However it is not documented but there is a possibility to run tasks by means of batch files:

You can use the following workaround:

1) Download the http://www.acronis.com/files/support/schedmgr.exe file;
    2) Schedule a task in Acronis Privacy Expert Suite (8.0 or 9.0). Set the properties of the task so it won't run in the nearest time (e.g. set it to run in the 2010 year).
    3) Run schedmgr.exe from the folder you saved it to. Now you can use the following commands (you can see the full list of commands by using "help" parameter) to manage scheduled tasks:

"get list" -- gives you the list of the scheduled tasks
    "task *-*" -- enables you to manage task *-* where "*" is a number (e.g. "task 1-2")
    "task zap" -- stops the managed task that is currently executed
    "task delete" -- deletes the managed task
    "quit","exit" -- exits "schedmgr" application

4) Execute the following command:

schedmgr get list

5) Remember the ID of the necessary scheduled task (e.g. it would be 1-3) and execute the following command

schedmgr task 1-3 set AUTODELETE=off

6) Create a batch file with the string as follows (example for the task ID got in step 5) equal to "1-3"):

[Drive:]\[path]\schedmgr task 1-3 task run

This string will execute the script created in Acronis Privacy Expert Suite.

This workaround could be applied to any Acronis product with the "Schedule a Task" feature (e.g. Acronis True Image 8.0 Server for Windows). There are also many other options for "schedmgr" application. You can see them by executing "schedmgr help" command.

We are always at your service should you have any further questions.

Thank you.
    --
    Semyonov Vasily

Edit: one typo

Last edited: Nov 25, 2005
  4. bspeaks

Wonderful! I can't wait to try it out.

Thank you and have a great holiday!

Bill

5. bspeaks

Semyonov,

Thanks again for your help. I have been able to get the schedmgr to execute the tasks; however it deletes the task after execution even though I have set autodelete=off (or at least I think so:).

Here is a sequence of commands and info:

C:\Program Files\Acronis\PrivacyExpert>schedmgr TASK "1-12 SET AUTODELETE=off"
    TASK
    1-12 SET AUTODELETE=off
    Ok

Followed by...

C:\Program Files\Acronis\PrivacyExpert>SCHEDMGR GET REPORT
    ----------
    Task 1-12
    ----------
    Flags: 0x417 ( enabled autodelete once time account )
    FlagsLater: 0x4 ( later_mutexes )
    Time: 20:33:00
    Type: daily
    Begin: 26.11.2015
    End: 26.11.2015
    ExecCmd: C:\Program Files\Acronis\PrivacyExpert\PrivacyExpert.exe "/SCRIPT=C:\Do
    cuments and Settings\William Speaks\Application Data\Acronis\PrivacyExpert8\Scri
    pts\MailMessages.xml" /SCHEDULED
    Product: 1
    Last changed: 26.11.2005 20:33:53
    Next try: 26.11.2015 20:33:00
    User: LAPTOP-UBF9NDM\William Speaks
    Password: yes
    Guid: MailMessages

Running the task with Schedmgr..

schedmgr.exe task 1-12 task run

task
    1-12
    Ok
    task
    run
    RunResult: 0x5 ( Task executed )
    Ok

The subsequent task list shows

1-2 C:\Program Files\Acronis\PrivacyExpert\PrivacyExpert.exe "/SCRIPT=C:\Do
    cuments and Settings\William Speaks\Application Data\Acronis\PrivacyExpert8\Scri
    pts\InternetCookies.xml" /SCHEDULED
    1-13 C:\Program Files\Acronis\PrivacyExpert\PrivacyExpert.exe "/SCRIPT=C:\Do
    pts\MailContacts.xml" /SCHEDULED

Should I be executing the AUTODELETE=OFF at the same time as the RUN? If so, I am not sure of the proper syntax. I have tried about every combination I can think of to change the parm. By the way this is Version 8.

Thanks for your assistance.
    Bill

6. Acronis Support

Hello Bill,

Please be aware that "schedmgr" proceeds its parameters subsequently executing every parameter followed by a space. If you use commas then the symbols between commas are treated as one parameter. So in your case the above line creates a task named "1-12 SET AUTODELETE=off".

I have investigated the situation and am afraid that the only possible solution at this moment is to manually set AUTODELETE=off flag to a particular task:

- Create a task from Acronis Privacy Expert Suite 8.0 (the best way is to set the task to run once on some far future date like 2020 year).
    - Issue "schedmgr get report".
    - Remember the number of the created task (in the below example it's 1-12).
    - Run "schedmgr" (without commas)
    - Issue the following within the obtained command prompt:

task 1-12
    set autodelete=off
    exit

- As the result now you have a task number 1-12 which won't be deleted and can be simply run multiple times by a batch file using the following string within it. This task won't be run in anyway except by using the batch file with this command (or on the date which was set to 2020 year in my example):

schedmgr task 1-12 task run

Thank you.
    --
    Vasily Semyonov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.