Privacy Expert 8 Error

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Yakiniku, Mar 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SHaase

SHaase Registered Member

Dear Acronis Support,

so, I have sent you my e-mail with the complete error description including all screen shoots of error message and the dr. Watson error dump to support@acronis.com again.

By the way I did NOT get an auto replay with any request # ?!?!

Maybe do you have there at your mail server a very hard set SPAM FILTER active which does not let pass my e-mails to you?

Please switch it off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks.

Then I will send you my mail 3rd time again....

Bets regards Stefan

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Stefan,

Thank you for taking time to contact Acronis Supprot Team. It is very strange that you haven't received an autoreply to your letters. Could you please send me a PM with your e-mail address that you used to sedna letter so I could find out the reason why you haven't got any reply.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. SHaase

SHaase Registered Member

Hello Ilya,

thank you for answering.

I must relax this theme of not receiving e-mail. It's in fact so if I send an e-mail to "support@acronis.de" (like german software allocates), then I don't get any replay or service #. I meant ...de in the posts before, not ...com.

But when I send to "support@acronis.com", then I get it.

My e-mail provider uses the ...@gmx.de.

So this theme of "Privacy Expert 8 Error" is already in work by mr. Kurochkin under service #217072.

By the way if I look under "support" and "update" at your internet page (after log-in), now I cannot download the last build of "Privacy Expert Suite" 8 and 7? All other products I have from Acronis there is the last download available.

It seems Acronis has fast stopped the delivery of updates for the "Privacy Expert Suite" software...

I guess this problem is a big one which is not easy to find. I hope there will be an update which is fixing it soon...

Best regards Stefan

Last edited: Mar 30, 2005
  4. zazim

zazim Guest

Dscrap, please don't criticize the Acronis support personnel. I believe they are aware of the bug and are working towards a solution. Please continue to monitor this thread and wait patiently for a resolution to your problem.

5. joko

joko Registered Member

"don't criticize the Acronis support personnel" I bought this software and I want a good support. No information of the support comes because the bugs.

6. SHaase

SHaase Registered Member

Hallo Ilya,

last message I wrote that I sent an error description to "service@acronis.com".

But today I got a "non deliverable auto message" that my e-mail has not reached Acronis?!?!

I'm really nearly desperate why it is so difficult to get direct support contact to Acronis.

Please could you clarify if my answer message with the name "AW: [Acronis #217072] WG: Problem mit Privacy Expert Suite 8.0" did reach Acronis or not?

It has a size of 3Mb due to a lot of screen shoots and added error report files. I hope there is not a size limiting filter at the Acronis e-mail server?

So today I sent this message again...

In advance thank you very much.

Best regards Stefan

7. Eric P

Eric P Guest

I have the same problem on a new pc with win xp sp2. Internet cleanup works fine until I reboot. I sent an email to acronis tech support with a copy of the stack dump report. No reply yet.
    Hope they find a fix soon as I like this suite otherwise.
    Following along with the rest of you.
    Eric

8. Acronis Support

Hello SHaase,

Did you really send a letter to service@acronis.com or is it a typo? Our e-mail address is support@acronis.com (not service).

However, I ahve found your previous letter and you should have received the answer from Dennis at March, 28. Any way I will ask him to resend his reply to you.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

9. Acronis Support

Hello all,

The reason for the problem addressed in this thread was found by our Development Team and we are currently testing builds where it is fixed. We expect the build where this is fixed to be available at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/updates/

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

10. Sven77079

Sven77079 Registered Member

Hello Acronis Support / and all,

does this fix also addresses the error caused on msmapi32.dll when trying to clean the IE history.

Despite setting the software so that it does not clean anything e-mail related it always asks for my e-mail passwords and than crashed with the following:

AppName: privacyexpert.exe AppVer: 8.0.0.714 ModName: msmapi32.dll
    ModVer: 11.0.6361.0 Offset: 000024c5

Thanks for your feedback.

/Sven

11. dscrap

dscrap Registered Member

Ilya,

Please post when an updated build is posted to the acronis download site. The current build is 714 and it doesn't fix the errors.

Thanks.

12. yakiniku

yakiniku Guest

Thank you for your support.
    I appreciate that you worked with this problem.

I have upgraded to build 734, It seemed to be fixed and woks fine.

13. Sven77079

Sven77079 Registered Member

I just upgraded to build 734 and my problem above (ModName: msmapi32.dll) is fixed. Hurray, 4 days from report to fix, amazing.

14. joko

joko Registered Member

On my systems the same bugs how 714. No Bugfix.

15. Acronis Support

Hello joko,

If the latest (734) build of Acronis Privacy Expert Suite didn't solve the problem please send the diagnostics mentioned here to support@acronis.com. We will do our best in order to help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

16. SHaase

SHaase Registered Member

Hello Acronis Support,

I downloaded, installed and used the build 734 since 1 week and the problem was solfed (seemly).

I'm sorry, but today I got the same problem back again :-(

The bug appears suddenly at every boot-up again after I introduced a new high speed Internet connection via Windows DFÜ network!

The Dr. Watson did not recognize this error again.

I wrote the error message to "support@acronis.com"...

Regards Stefan

17. Acronis Support

Hello Stefan,

If you do not get any response from Acronis Support Team within 48 hours please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply. I will find out the reason for the delay.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

18. SHaase

SHaase Registered Member

Hello Ilya,

thank you.

The support team got my e-mail sucessful and they already found the reason for this error.

At next update build it will be fixed.

Regards Stefan

19. Acronis Support

Hello Stefan,

Glad to hear Acronis Support Team contacted you. If you encounter any further problems with the next build please feel free to contact us again.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

20. dscrap

dscrap Registered Member

When will the Privacy Expert 8 that is included with Power Utilities 2005 be updated to reflect the fixes? Is anyone else having a problem with that build? Is ther a way to upgrade the different components of PU2005? The current build is 611 and is from March and the build 734 of PE8 is from April.

21. faramond

faramond Guest

I also have power utilities 2005. How do we get build 734 from updates section?

22. Acronis Support

Hello all,

If you use Power Utilities 2005 and cannot get the update to build 734 please send your serial number to support@acronis.com with the descriptino of the situation. We will certainly help you.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

23. faramond

faramond Guest

The update for power utilities is now on the acronis web site. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.