Primairy, Active

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by jeremyotten, Aug 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

Can someone tell me how to set a disk Primairy Active?

Because when this feature isn't there it should be implemented ASAP!

Please respons acronis...

2. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I just used the bootable disc & formatted & set active a HDD. Jeez I remember the option to set active was just there. Out in the open. But did you go through the GUI? You know rt click on the disc, drop the menus etc. Oh just thought, did you commit or finalize (or whatever the verbage) before exiting?

3. Batfink

Batfink Registered Member

Hmmm.. not much info to go on here..!!!

Your first partition on your "Primary" hard drive, is normally primary and active by default.... would help if you were a bit more forthcomming with what you are trying to do, and your current setup...

4. Hexfire

Hexfire Registered Member

AFAIK, Acronis software allows to set partitions active. PartitionMagic (PowerQuest) allows to do that as well.

What's the goal in doing that?

5. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

Active Partitions

Hexfire:

If you're using the Microsoft Master Boot Record (MBR), all it does when you start your PC is to search the partition table for the active partition and then start whatever Operating System (OS) is installed there.

Therefore, if you have more than one OS in different partitions you can choose which one will start by setting its partition active. (You may also have to hide partitions with filesystems that your OS can understand, but that's beyond the scope of this simple explanation).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.