Price of AV Software

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Rasheed187, Nov 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Umm... do you have a link for that DataSentry freebie? According to THIS article/ad DataSentry costs $75,000 per. Last sentence in that article reads...
    Or did you mean that other Data Sentry?

But seriously, Kees, do you have a link for that DataSentry SW? It sounds interesting. I googled but couldn't isolate the one you referred to.

2. betauser2

betauser2 Guest

3. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

This does sounds good, but I have to say that lately AntiVir has been getting on my nerves a bit, it wants to run a whole lot of .exe files, and when you download signatures-updates it often updates the whole program, this means a lot of rule making in SSM and ZA. :cautious:

I believe that the Active Virus Shield app (powered by AOL), is behaving like spyware, plus it does not have the HIPS. :rolleyes:

4. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

I don't know how other people here feel about eBay, but I got my copy of KAV 6 with one year license there for $24.95. I probably could have gotten it cheaper if I put a bid on it, but I didn't want to wait, so I just used the Buy Now option. Still seems like a pretty good deal to me. :)

5. iNsuRRecTioN

iNsuRRecTioN Registered Member

Hey,

KAV 6.0 begins at 19 EUR here in germany for one year retail box package..

But I saw a price at 15-16 USD at amazon US, so that would be about 10-12 EUR only.. o_O

best regards,

iNsuRRecTiON

6. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

7. Rasheed187

Btw, does anyone know when the new NOD32 v3 will be launched, I mean people have been talking about it for months, and still no news? :blink:

8. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Eset alone knows. Putting two and two together, I would guess sometime after Vista is released in January of next year.

9. iNsuRRecTioN

iNsuRRecTioN Registered Member

Hey,

yes, it's a shame, they announced it back in march 2006 at german CeBIT and I bet it will come out earliest at CeBIT 2007 in Hannover, lol.

best regards,

iNsuRRecTiON

10. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

i agree, stupid of them to announce a product sooo far in the future.

it would be the same now, to talk about norton IS 2008 ? or avg 8.0 or KIS 7.0

11. Rasheed187

Yes very strange move, I think they should have released it a lot sooner, but if it won´t have an HIPS I´m not sure if I need it though. At the moment the best contender is still KAV, if it only wasn´t so darned expensive. :blink:

12. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Keep your eyes open forrebates.

I purchased 2 KAV this month.
    After rebate price $0 for one, $19.99 for the other.
    Both at CompUSA.

13. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

From the look of it, Eset probably intended to launch it in 2006 but there were a lot of bugs due to which they had to delay it.

As such, not living in the USA, I am not subject to some of the great rebate offers out there, and due to that, I have to pay the "standard" prices for everything. That given, I prefer the prices of most clone AVs and Dr.Web and AVG than others.

14. marcromero

marcromero Guest

Firecat

I can afford the price of any antivirus software, with or without rebates, but I bought and use Dr.Web antivirus because I like it over the others... To me, high price does not mean better quality...

Marc

15. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

That pretty much sums it up for me as well. Us Dr Web guys have to stick together. :p

16. marcromero

marcromero Guest

"Ditto"

17. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Luckily, I was able to take advantage of Dr.Web's migration offer and hence I do have a license for Dr.Web (as well as AVG). The only gripe I have with Dr.Web is the lack of an encrypted quarantine. There is still some time till the release of version 5.0, so maybe they should release Dr.Web 4.34 or something which has an encrypted quarantine.

For the moment, both AVG and Dr.Web are really good products at nice price points. Good value for money IMO. The AV-comparatives detection rates may be of concern but both Dr.Web and AVG have also passed ICSA Labs and Checkmark certifications which, according to IBK, qualifies a "Standard" rated product as being suitable to use for any purpose. :)

18. marcromero

marcromero Guest

I agree, a version 4.34 with quarantine feature would be nice. :thumb:

19. Badcompany

Badcompany Registered Member

Hi Ronjor,
    Very nice to see you have ( The man back again.) Don't let him ride of into the sunset again.
    Badcompany.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2006
  20. Rasheed187

21. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

22. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

I NEVER Allow ANY company to automatically charge my credit cards or deduct from my bank accounts.
    That's idiocy.

This applies to software, as well as the butcher, baker, and candlestick maker, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.