Prevx's outbound firewall capabilities?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Drew99GT, Sep 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drew99GT

Drew99GT Registered Member

I have the Comodo firewall and just installed Prevx, which apparently has some outbound network control. How does Pervx's outbound protection compare to a true software firewall like Comodo? Reason I ask is I'm considering uninstalling Comodo and running the Windows firewall for inbound protection and Prevx for outbound protection. I'm also behind a firewall router for inbound protection. Thanks

2. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

I asked a similar question earlier. I was wondering if I could use a HIPS program (such as Antihook) as an controller of outbound communications and still retain the Windows XP firewall to control inbound traffic to provide adequate protection without having to install a totally new firewall program? I don't need to control port access (such as opening or closing functions), so a pure firewall functions are not that important to me.

3. egghead

egghead Registered Member

I’m testing Prevx1R as only protection together with a firewalled router.

I have run the leaktests at http://www.firewallleaktester.com/tests.php
    I have run all the tests except the immunity(could not find that one), which is not a leaktest anyway.

Prevx1R blocked 13 out of 17 leaktests (=76%) :cool:, bringing them in the top tier.

When you take the immunity thing out of the above mentioned test then the results are:

1.Kis 14/17=82%
    2.Jetico, ZAP, Private Firewall and Prevx1R 13/17= 76%

You are behind a router so focusing on controling outgoing communication is the way to go for you.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.