Prevx2 detects something

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Tony, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony

Tony Registered Member

Hi, i am using prevx2 with the free trial.
    Yesterday and today on start up, prevx has had a box pop up stating that malware has been detected and cleaned up and a 31 day countdown has begun for my trial license.

It does not say what the malware is and there is no evidence of anything in the cleanup logs.

My status is still showing green with detection and clean up still showing green and free.
    Trial key is showing a renewal date of september 3. 2007 1.00 am.

Any ideas as to what may have happened or the malware could have been.

I also have KIS 7, Defensewall 2.00RC3 and i always start returnil on session lock as soon as kis and prevx have checked for updates on start up so i am suprised that any malware could have been detected.

Thank you if anyone can give any advice as to what may have happened.

2. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

I was happy with my freebie prevx but today i kept freezing alot so had to take it off it was tthat or boclean.... :mad: so if u want my Key for 1yr Pm me

3. Jarmo P

Jarmo P Registered Member

I had a need to test Prevx 2 I got a one year license. So I did with Eicar test virus that got jailed. I tried to put it on exclusion or something. But i could not take it out of jail without cleaning.
    Before this eicar "infectation" in my computer jail I could take it back by restore to a trial version.
    I wanted to have a trial instead one year free licence, so i restored my system before Prevx2 was installed, I had no cleaning.
    Did not work.
    It told me I had cleaned.
    So now i I am on that 1 year licence and i never did really clean.
    Things happen and I am not complaining.

4. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

I would contact support through either right-clicking the tray icon or through the gui. If it was a false positive, they will reset your trial. They should also be able to tell you what happened.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.