Prevx1r

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by jimfitter, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimfitter

jimfitter Registered Member

I'm new to this forum, and new to Prevx. Any comments on this product will be appreciated. Seems to be doing the job I downloaded it for.

2. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

what is it like? i want to get it? is it hard to use?

3. jimfitter

I downloaded it from it's home page. McAfee Site Advisor gave it the green light. It claims to be an all inclusive AV program. I was running Norton AV '05, Spywareblaster,SpybotS&D,AdAware SE, and MS Defender beta. Just for fun, I started playing with free AV programs. ClamWin AV found a trojan but, also destabilized Firefox. After that I found a need for another AV program. It claims to be a stand alone AV, but also can run in concert with your other security programs. That seems to be the case. You get the complete program free for the first year(including auto-update). After that I believe it's $25 U.S. I'm not real satisfied with Norton, and I hope to use this, and eliminate a lot of my security programs, and their memory, and CPU. Right now I'm running Norton,Spywareblaster,MS Defender real-time protect,and Prevx, withno conflicts. Prevx is a memory hog(around 30,300),but with youngsters downloading Hillary Duff and Jesse McCarthy screensavers from who knows where ,I need the extra protection (Like wearing 2 rubbers in a whore-house).

Last edited: Jul 26, 2006
  4. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Just to clarify quickly, it will detect malware for a full year but actual protection is a 30 day trial. If the 30 days expires and you're still not sure, you can continue to let it run and detect malware, and you can get a one month license to clean it up and make sure it doesn't come right back. Obviously the full year is a better deal, but after 30 days there is still some leeway if you haven't made a decision.

You are correct that it can be either used alone or with other security software as you wish. It's not an antivirus, and has different features, but the community database is comprehensive, so you could use it, along with the XP Firewall, as your sole protection. If you want the full range of features you can always use a free antivirus such as AVG, Avast, or AntiVir.

If you have more in-depth questions feel free to drop by our official forum at castlecops.com or write in to support.

5. jimfitter

thanks,Notok. I appreciate your quick response ,and clarification.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.