Prevx1 Release v2.0.4 Build 19

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by fax, Dec 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

@Ghiser; thx
    You guys are quick. :)

Will there be a manual:
    "New updates available, Install now or later"
    Type control? or planning something else?

Regards.

2. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Just rightclick you tray icon and click updates. New version is there 2.0.5 build 6

Gerard

3. Longboard

I'm soory to bring this up again:
    My prevX still upates itself.
    I juts had a window popup and ask me to restart PX.

What happens if this process goes ahead on its' own but I am in "shadowmode" with shadowuser or in sandbox or whatever which promises to "rollback" any changes??

I had thought this unattended install/update was going to be addressed ??
    I do not have the option checked

Heh: its more than possible I'm missing some subtlety here. :doubt:

(PX running fine btw :D )

??
    Thx

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2007
  4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

HI Longboard

Really not all that big a deal. If you see it update while in shadow mode, you know an update is out there. Once you leave shadow mode, just redo a manual update.

Cheers,

Pete

5. Longboard

I know: not idiot proof enough for me. :blink: I might forget.
    I often forget things. :(
    Plus, particularly as I said earlier, I would like to load any version updates to the test snap first.
    Thx

6. muf

muf Registered Member

Yep, afraid to say that's whats happened. Look across and you see you have it set to "Check for updates -----> "every 1 day(s)". So it does exactly that! The option underneath that "Perform updates unattended". When ticked means it will download and install the updates without you being prompted. When left unticked it wil pop up a message box telling you it has downloaded it and is ready to apply the update.

If you click the down arrow where it says "1 Days(s)" the option to set at disabled appears(see my screenie).

Hope this helps.

muf

Attached Files:

7. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

Thanks muf

This happened to me yesterday while in the process of a program install. I too have the box unchecked and thought that was good enough. Obviously not! And thanks again for pointing that out!:thumb:

8. muf

muf Registered Member

No problem. I must say it's a little misleading and I fell for it myself when first using it. It's only after re-reading the text that the "Penny dropped" and I realised what was happening. Just glad to be of assistance. :)

muf

9. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

Hey muf

Now that i have more 'Java' in me and my thinking more clear, my statement was wrong now that i have re-thought what happened yesterday.

Like i said, i have it set to daily but the box 'Unchecked'. During another program install, Prevx did indeed update 'itself' because i remember now the update screen coming up and the Green indication bars showing the progress stage. After completion of this update, the only option i was given by Prevx was to reboot my computer to complete the update. In order for it to function the way you describe, it should of just alerted me of updates available with the choice of doing it later. This is not what happened to me. It did indeed update itself.

Just to add something here. After the completed reboot, this box was now checked again! I did not re-check it.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2007
  10. Longboard

@Muf
    Thx
    I had thought as much :oops:
    If I set the "check for updates" to "disable"
    Will any updates come when requested? or not at all. ?

Regards.

@Tobacco: hhmm ??

11. muf

muf Registered Member

I have noted two methods of updating.

1. Update unattended checked - It will download the update and install it. No alerts.
    2. Update unattended unchecked - It will download the update, tell you it has downloaded it and ask you to apply it.

If you are sure that the box was not checked then I can only suggest you monitor it for a week or two and see if it does it again. The other possibilty is that the box was indeed checked even though you thought it was unchecked. See what happens and raise the issue if it does update and install without asking.

muf

12. muf

muf Registered Member

You will not get them automatically, but if you click on "Check for updates" in the main console or "updates" in the system tray then it will check and update if there is an update available. It does not switch off the ability to update if that is your concern.

muf

13. Longboard

OK Got it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.