Prevx1 "R" suspend&shutdown option

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Engine, Dec 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Engine

Engine Guest

Hi folks,

I am almost decided to give a try the new Prevx solution but wonder if Prevx1 ("R") has the suspend and shutdown option as former Prevx Home & Pro had. Can any1 inform?

Thanks and regards,
    Engine

2. KeepItSimple

KeepItSimple Registered Member

I used to use Prevx Pro but now use Prevx1 ABC/Pro/Expert. Prevx pro used to have a suspend feature to allow software installs to run without tons of pop ups. Problem was that the PC was unprotected while in suspend mode. I used to disconnect from the internet to ensure I was safe to suspend.

Prevx1 ABC/Pro/Expert and Prevx1R I am sure will prompt whenever an unknown installer is run. If you tell it that the program is part of an install it seems happy to procedd with very few pop ups, at least in ABC mode. I think this feature is much better.

However, if you want to switch Prevx1R right click the traffic light icon in the system tray and select shutdown. You can restart it at any time from the Start menu or a shortcut.

Hope this helps.

3. Notok

Notok Registered Member

It does not have a suspend, but when you start an installer there is an option to select that it is an installer. If you select that, there shouldn't be any prompts during the installation. Switching it to ABC mode will also reduce any liklihood of alerts for various actions.

Prevx1 was specifically made to be much less noisy than Prevx Home/Pro without sacrificing security. If this is your concern, you'll be a lot happier with Prevx1.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2005
  4. Engine

Engine Guest

Thanks guys for your valuable information. You stated everything I was concerned for.

BTW, is the "R" release stable and safe to use? You know it's still "beta" in the end so is there something to be afraid of?

Thanks&Regards,
    Engine

5. Notok

Notok Registered Member

I've never come across much more than minor glitches during the beta. I think the worst I saw was some CPU spiking that was apparently unique to my system. With any beta, though, it's smartest to prepare for the worst, even if the chances are slim.. of course the same can be said about getting an infection and/or hardware failure :)

6. Engine

Engine Guest

Many thanks Notok for being here with me,

The last question is if the "R" is so stable and safe to use it on my working machine (laptop) because I don't have other PC where I could run beta releases. I am really amazed from Prevx solution but I can't afford too much risk with my laptop. You will surely understand my concern.

Thanks for your time and regards,
    Engine

7. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Yes I do, and it's never a good idea to run betas on a production machine. Since it's ongoing, you never know what might come down the road. Now if you use imaging software, and were diligent about keeping up, then the risk is reduced quite a bit. It's that ever present balance between time and money, agian.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.