Prevx1 How many people are using?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by jlo, Dec 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: My 1-month lic will expire very soon, thinking to extend for one full year. Does anyone know of any discount coupon around somewhere? That shall help my bottomline. Thanks.

2. chetcope

chetcope Registered Member

If your trial hasn't expired try the $22 discounted price here. Dunno if it'll work if it's expired.
    http://www.prevx.com/buyrecommend.asp

Worked for me.

Chaz
    ------------------------------------------
    Perman

Hi, folks: My 1-month lic will expire very soon, thinking to extend for one full year. Does anyone know of any discount coupon around somewhere? That shall help my bottomline. Thanks.

3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I just repurchased it and love it.

4. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: I have been using it for a little while. Running very smoothly w/ all other apps. And the support is a first-class. I used " talk to support" feature to submit my question, within two hours, I got a reply. Definitely, they have earned my business. I will extend my current contract. :thumb:

5. polyglory

polyglory Registered Member

I am very happy with it, so far no problems, have purchased the Family version, it runs fine with AVG7 Pro and will not be renewing Spyware Doctor or Counterspy:)

I always tend to review my programs yearly anyway.

6. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I also use Prevx1 (v2.3.0 Build 10) during 4 months and I don't have any reason to ditch it.
    It's the very first HIPS software, I'm able to understand and to use in practice, because Prevx makes the difficult choice between good and bad for me. So I don't need to think or doubt about it anymore.
    If Prevx1 ever makes a mistake, I won't blame it, because I would make alot more mistakes without Prevx1.
    I also like the GUI, the philosophy behind Prevx1 and above all its simplicity. Prevx changed something difficult into something simple and I respect that. Simplicity is always brilliant. :)

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  7. Huwge

Huwge Registered Member

Hmm my build is 2.0.15 build 6 o_O?? syays no updates available

8. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Then you should uninstall it and download a new installer.

9. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

The latest installation file of Prevx1 is called InstallPREVX102030010.exe
    and the numbers come close to 2.3.0 build 10.
    I have a paid license of course.
    The version and build number changed automatically on the main screen during the automatic updatings of Prevx1.

10. danny9

danny9 Departed Friend

Quite impressed with v2.3.0 build 10.
    Used it in the old days and have tried several versions since but none have worked as well as this one.
    Don't even know it's running in the background and the memory usuage for a product like this is almost non- existant. (about 7k)
    Very easy to set up and use.
    Looks like a definite keeper! :thumb:

11. Huwge

Huwge Registered Member

I am still on free so do i get the update?. Surely if I reinstall then my countdown begins. I am having issues with it anyway. Its not listing any recently run programs and gave no popups when installing a new prog (yes its ABC) I'm waiting for tech to get back to me

12. danny9

danny9 Departed Friend

To my understanding you should be able to get the updates.
    From their site:

How Much Does Prevx1 Cost?
    We believe that if your PC is never infected then Prevx1 should not cost you a thing. It should be completely free. And so it is.

You can use Prevx1 completely free of charge to monitor your PC for infection. We will even defend and clean up your PC for free for several days following your first infection to ensure that your PC is fully recovered. Thereafter, you can choose to pay as you go or to buy a years full protection and clean up for $24.95.

There is no trial expiration date showing on mine.
    Unless an infection is found, it runs free.

13. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I've tried it for a day, it feels good, I like the concept, and as long as it is the only security application on your computer it should be OK. The problem with my system is that the resource impact was really noticeable and I'm not prepared to discard some of my other stuff to make room for it.

14. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

WoW, reading this thread and posts sounds just like a TV commercial. Heh he, i guess by golly the product is commercial after all.

No seriously, there are 2 products i have always heard a lot of noise about, err make that fanfare, and that just happens to be Prevx1 and BoClean. I don't know if i read so many joyous reports about any other security program as much as i have these 2. But i don't use either one and in fact never have. LoL

But i sure know what must be a very good thing when i see it. :D

15. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: Yes, Prevx1 is very much commericialized; it offers its services for monetary reward(it has a very generous free trial), like any paywares in cyberspace. I has passed its cyber trials, and has become a matured one. IMO, you do not have to jump onto this wagon, however, if ever for any reason, you are searching for a reliable shoulder to lean on, Prevx1 may have high merits to be your first choice. A small investment surely goes a long long way.
    :)

16. Huwge

Huwge Registered Member

Still having no joy with support here. I make it plain what the problem is and they are giving a standard response which doesnt address the problem:(

17. Notok

Notok Registered Member

You should be able to update. If you uninstall and reinstall it should continue your trial as it was. If not you can always write in to support and we can reset the trial. As far as the update not appearing anymore, the latest was pulled from the updater due to some technical issues, but the newest version can still be downloaded from the website.

18. Huwge

Huwge Registered Member

Thanks Notok, I'm happy to say I have one of my fave' security products running again:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.