Prevx vs. COMODO IS - Keylogging

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by raven211, Jun 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i fully agree about comodo not recognizing what is unknown or known but i will personally will apply denny for sure especially if i know what i am doing or if this behabiour just happen when browsing,by the way are you or did you include PE Guard in your test?thanks

2. Sveta MRG

Sveta MRG Registered Member

I understand your point, but this program is not being advertised as an Experts Only program, we need to think about ALL users ;)

Regards,
    Sveta

3. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I will agree with you CIS need to work on usability, and from what I read they are. I am anxious to see an improvement in the area.

But I still suspect in the hands on an experienced user, like those that read this forum, CIS would likely pass your test, and protect the user.

4. Sveta MRG

Sveta MRG Registered Member

Yes, and we also hope that they improve even more.

Unfortunately tests are not made only for experts, both testing organizations and vendors need to do more to satisfy the end user of any experience level.

Regards,
    Sveta

5. clocks

clocks Registered Member

That's fair.

6. guest

guest Guest

If you assume that everybody is stupid and nobody knows how to use an HIPS yes your are right.

7. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

THats why programs like norton. Mcafee, Trendmicro and the other main stream generic security suites don't use HIPS. It would confuse and upset normal non computer literate people. If i wanted something or someone to make my decision then I could only blame them for getting my computer infected and not my stupid mistake.

8. Narxis

Narxis Registered Member

Yep, maybe behavior blockers are better choice for 0-day malwares.

9. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

I think that an educated computer user is the best choice. Someone that understands how computers work and how to operate them. Not somone who blindly hits the accept button or installs something because a flashing box said to. If you understand how HIPS works and the alerts then you are better off.

10. clocks

clocks Registered Member

MRG disabled the comments on the video. What a bunch of cowards. Very unprofessional to bash a forum poster and then delete the comments when they don't like the way feedback is going.

11. Narxis

Narxis Registered Member

No, comments temporarily disabled due to most of them being blocked as spam (by youtube).

12. burebista

burebista Registered Member

One of most disgusting, unprofessional and lousy personal attack that I saw.
    You received two red alerts, first about an unknown program (it's up to you to run it CIS doesn't know every program on Earth) and second about installing a global hook. If first alert is allowed/sandboxed it's somehow normal but if you allow second alert that means that you want to fail that stupid test. :D

CIS cannot protect by yourself. He can only say this is potentially bad what to do Allow it or Block it? If you cannot choose good from bad then stay away from computers.
    IMO in the end is user fault not Comodo.

But for now I know for sure that I'll run from those MRG tests like devil from incense. :D

13. Kyle1420

Kyle1420 Registered Member

I actually thought his video made sense.. 1 was a safe application and 1 was a bad application, they both displayed the same alert as they were unknown.

Comodo did not alert of key-logging and didn't have the firewall alert.

14. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Off topic remarks removed. Please discuss the subject of the thread. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.