Prevx update fails & license Problem

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Rico, Aug 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaFemmeMichele

LaFemmeMichele Registered Member

My difficulties with Prevx began August 31st. Since it's Oct 4th & I've yet to resolve them, I'm posting while I w-a-i-t for the MSI guys... Thank you Darren for your kindness-- maybe Wilders gang will shed some light.

Last night I attempted to install build 116 & installation failed & Error 2753 reappeared. I removed all of Prevx & continued to attempt to install the build which eventually went on with a warning that an msi file was missing? I believe. On a WinRAR self extracting archive it said "Extracting UPDATEPrevx2msi" & underneath "Cannot create Prevx 2 msi".

I don't understand the significance of this. Since this is a security program, I'd really like resolution. Really! Sending a copy of this post to MSI guys as well.

Thanks,

Michele

2. StevieE9

StevieE9 Registered Member

I was going to 'downgrade' to Build 86 because of problems with Build 112 (its at 116 now actually) but I couldn't find a download link to Build 86 (or 85) anywhere - and it certainly was hiding from me on MajuorGeeks when I looked for it very carefully.

I did get 116 (actually a 117 build) working with a lot of help and a lot of testing on my side with the Prevx Support people who are actually really helpful.

They are having serious update and clean install problems though with builds 112 onwards.

Sadly the official Independent Support Forum at Castle Cops is only sporadically 'up' - supposedly it is under constant DDoS attack - so getting connected to the forum is, at times, as big a problem as the software issue!

3. LaFemmeMichele

LaFemmeMichele Registered Member

Hi StevieE9,

Thanks for the input. Sounds like CastleCops could benefit from Wilders as well. At this moment Prevyx is asymptomatic...?? I sent them the install log & the driver install log & got immediate feedback that nothing appeared to be wrong with them. So if the warning I received initially is insignificant I'll just keep my fingers crossed & an eye on things!

Regards,

Michele

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.