Prevx uninstall

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by sprongs, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrevxWebDesigner

PrevxWebDesigner Former Prevx Moderator

As already stated - a standard install should insert an entry into the Add/Remove Programs list, which obviously didn't happen during your install for one reason or another.

We're not purposely trying to make it difficult to uninstall our products - hence why there will be an uninstall option added under the start menu with the next public release.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused, but this was never our intention :(

2. sprongs

sprongs Registered Member

As stated will wait for the next public release. Am sure this will make your product better.
    Thanks

3. philby

philby Registered Member

I'm confused - am I the only one blessed with the uninstaller I mentioned in post 2?

philby

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

No, everyone has it - but many people aren't familiar with commandline usage. It is actually impossible to have Prevx without the uninstall command being that the installer, main program, and uninstaller are all the same file.

5. philby

philby Registered Member

OK, I see.
    However, I don't need to run the /prop uninstall=y command as I already have an Uninstall Edge shortcut under Start > All Programs > Prevx - that's why I couldn't/can't understand the problem Sprongs raised - ie Why is there no uninstaller? Why do I have to use HijackThis etc?

philby

6. PrevxHelp

:doubt: I agree - we have had a very small number of users come in with problems not having the install shortcut on their system. It is in our best interest to make the install and uninstall process as seamless as possible and we honestly do not know what causes some users to not have the uninstall shortcut when 99.999% do have it.

7. philby

philby Registered Member

Now I understand what all the discussion was about :blink: - thanks for clarifying.

philby

8. webster

webster Registered Member

Hmm, a bit OT, but this is probably not a good idea. I had an issue lately. Installed Acronis Disk Dreator, and it clashed with Prevx after reboot. Vista kept saying "Prevx stopped working blablabla". Uninstalled Acronis, but Prevx still didn`t work properly, and this message kept popping up. When i tried to reinstall Prevx, it popped up again, and also popped up when i tried to uninstall Prevx. Even in safe mode.

Did a system restore and all is good. But you should consider a real uninstaller, to prevent issues like this.

9. PrevxHelp

This sounds like something in Acronis corrupted a file which our uninstallation depends on. In this case, the force uninstallation tool (http://info.prevx.com/download.asp?grab=csiuninstalltool) is the best way around it.

10. webster

webster Registered Member

Okay, i did not know about that, or i forgot :oops:.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.